• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket headunit pictures wanted

Hey guys, I need to see any and all pictures of aftermarket head units..I need some ideas for redoing my NSX....thanks in advance for any replys....Brent:D

Alpine CDA-7998

console_closed.jpg

console_open.jpg

console_dusk.jpg

Sweet, very nice install....Brent

Here is mine. An Alpine 7996 DVD headunit and an Alpine PXA-H700 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS processor with a bunch of other features as well. The monitor is an Alpine TME-M760 in the OEM Honda navigation pod. I still need to match the PXA screen to the blue of the other units. It is a little more over the top than some people may want, but it's starting to come together nicely. The center console is the FRP unit from SOS.

large.jpg

large.jpg

DAYAM Chris,

I didnt know 7996 Came with amber lighting. That looks crazy. Heres mine

Closed:
interior.jpg

Open:
interior1.jpg

Matching trim:
interior2.jpg

Lighting in the pic makes the console look a few shades off of the shift knob and side trim, but the match is actually quite good.

Last edited:
Here's the latest project offering: same head as ChrisK's.
Alpine DVA-7996 + SOS Nav Pod & Alpine TMA-760. I haven't received the ashtray cover from my exchange of previous install yet, so if it looks a little funky in the ashtray area, that's why.
Wanted to get it in & operational though!
I'm a little nervous about screwing the pod in the dash, but I guess if I do it will be there to stay forever.
You all know what movie that is, right? ;)

Attachments

• alpine console 025.jpg
    alpine console 025.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 643
Incidentally, this is stock console glassed to about 5/16" thick & the slot is cut & profiled with a router. I need to match up the A/C LCD colour with the Alpine with a gel filter.

Attachments

• alpine console 024.jpg
    alpine console 024.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 600
VERY NICE INSTALLS....THKS FOR THE PHOTOS....BRENT

Ok, I promised to send this pic to D'Ecosse, but I figured others on this thread might enjoy it too. I saw this install in a 2002 NSX-R when I was in Japan this past November. The thing I like about it is the way the head unit is angled. Should help reduce glare off the face. And of course, the bevels are fantastic. You'll note that it doesn't match the bevel on the HVAC controls, but it does match the shift boot bevels. Nice! :D

Attachments

• nsx-r-stereo.jpg
    nsx-r-stereo.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 768
That is one beautiful job - plastic welding sure adds a whole other dimension to what you can do vs glass.
Looks like Pioneer head I think?
Very, very nice!

Back