• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Akira3D's Video of CalCoastal Autocross V from October

Okay everyone...it's DONE! Here's the final cut...now in streaming Windows Media and Real Video formats. I've kept the resolution at 428x240 and offer each stream in a different bitrate hoping to hit a wider range of viewers.

Last edited:
Great video Eric! Can't wait until the full length version is ready!

Great job! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the final cut.

Great vid! Hurry up with the finished product. The music sounds great. Nice job on the Top Gun song. But Top Gun focused around the F-18 and the NSX has usually been compared to the F-16. What gives? Sorry I just had to throw that in. :)

Definetly cool... hearing that song gives me goosebumps and makes me want to be a fighter pilot..

OT - For the record, Top Gun focused more on the F-14, not the F-18. There were no F-18's in Top Gun..

Hey BRo, you are a very talented person, the style is excellent. I met you in person at the santa monica meeting around a year ago, your a good guy too! Keep up the good work!

Wolfie

Thanks guys for the positive feedback...can't wait until I get to the "Danger Zone" segment.

I'm putting this together with Adobe Premiere Pro...I still have complaints about this initial version and refused to upgrade until I have guarantees Adobe has addressed the bulk of them. For the most part, it works well with DV codec stuff (and, thanks to VAIO Edit Components, I'm having far fewer problems with the microMV MPEG2 stuff as well). But try to do serious stuff and you quickly hit problems. I still have to use older versions of Premiere for doing slow motion and have to use After Effects for working with non-interlaced material (like photos...which this particular project will not contain since I decided not to bring my camera along).

Yes, F14's were the stars of Top Gun...and remain my favorite fighter jets. I've always had a fondness for the Jolly Rogers F14s (yes, I also enjoyed The Final Countdown)

84-spot.jpg

I always love your work Eric. Oozes quality. Titles with attitude. Steady camera work. S-E-X-Y CARS!!!! :D :D: D Nice touch with the lonely NSX + sunrise; very creative.

I want the full version NOW!!! :p ;) :D

I started cutting the "Danger Zone" segment this afternoon and now I'm really pumped to share the rest of the video. Unfortunately, I have plans tomorrow so I won't be able to get to it until who knows when. Be patient...trust that it will be cool.

The one big downer is that at full video res, my walk by of the pre-dawn cars is quite blurry (I had to post-process the clip to improve the steadiness...and I was a bit too extreme. I'm going to try to do a few more things to improve it, but I'm not 100% certain I can get it to my liking.

Last edited:
Just got done watching it. Very nice! Great work! Looks like it was a really fun day for everyone. Great job in capturing it for us.

akira3d said:
I've updated the link in my first post to point to a streaming version of my final cut. Enjoy!
That was great Eric! Can it be downloaded? I'd like to save it.

Eric,

All can say is WOW!!

Thanks.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys.

As for making the file downloadable...that would diminish enthusiasm for getting things like this on DVD, right? :eek:

Excellent video. Any chance of inserting different songs for the video. I get inspired by Loooow Ri dahhh (Gone in 60 Seconds) :smile: :biggrin: :wink: :cool:

Danny Yee.

Back