• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ALB checker or ABS checker wanted

Sorry for the late reply,
First of all do a service loop jump like you'd read out CEL codes from the engine,
You'll trigger the ALB light to morse code you the signals

Comes on and remains on while running:
1. Stop the engine.
2. Turn the ignition switch on and make sure that the anti-lock brake system indicator light comes on.
3. Restart the engine and check the anti-lock brake system indicator light.
There is no problem in the anti-lock brake system, if the anti-lock brake system indicator light goes off.
Go to step 4, if the anti-lock brake system indicator light remains on.
4. Stop the engine.
5. Disconnect the service check connector from the connector cover located under the glove box.
Connect the two terminals of the service check connector with a jumper wire.
6. Turn the ignition switch on, but do not start the engine.
7. Record the blinking frequency of the anti-lock brake system indicator light.
The blinking frequency indicates the problem code.

If you need help with counting these or translating the code let me know I'll mail you the chart.

The anti-lock brake system indicator light remains ON after the engine is started, however the antilock brake system indicator light does not blink
any
code or sub-code. Check the following items:

Loose or poor connection of the wire harness at
the control unit.

Faulty ALB 2,3 (No. 32) fuse.
Open circuit in WHT/BLK wire between ALB 2,3 (No. 32) fuse and control unit.
Open circuit in YEL/BLK wire between fuse No. 4 (1 5 A) and control unit.
Short circuit in BLU/WHT wire between gauge assembly and control unit.
Open circuit in WHT/BLU wire between alternator and control unit.

Now there is also a rather time consuming method of check sensors with the multimeter attaching that to the main ABS control unit.
I can e-mail you those instructions they are rather lengthy, Don't have the time to upload pictures and type out the whole explanation.

Last edited:
Adnan
Many thanks for sending all the docs with the codes and the trouble shooting. Fantastic help. Now for me to do the work.
Cheers

Back