• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alfa Day Feb 16/17

First, I would like to begin by introducing myself. I have a deep passion for NSXs --speed for that matter-- and motorcycles (and Hondas of course) and all other forms of vehicle engineering marvels dedicated to speed and pure driver satisfaction. I have been attending club track events for a couple years in a -gasp- porky 96 Mustang Cobra. The only thing I miss about that car is the DOHC four cam screaming at 7k rpm. Thats it. What I don't miss is the Fairmont chassis and the inherent flex of a poor chassis design.

Currently, I am diving -not literally hopefully- into motorcycle road racing for the challenge and the bliss.

I am a contributor to http://www.corner-carvers.com. This is the premier Sports Car site DEDICATED to vehicle dynamics, technical discussions, racing, and anything car related. Many people on that site are extremely intelligent and are very credible as Iam sure I will see here.

If it is not raining, I will be at PIR next weekend with my 01 Black Integra.

If any local WA residents are interested in going Sunday morning, let me know.

Best Regards,

------------------
-Nader
01 Integra

So far,
Mike Wann
Myself
Eddie Lee
and John Hudak will all be there.
Hope to see you there in your Integra!!
I'll be there RAIN OR SHINE!!

And as a Former '98 Cobra Mustang owner myself..I will offer my condolences.
smile.gif

(All in good fun)

[This message has been edited by Edo (edited 11 February 2002).]

Allow me to bud in folks, but how about considering attending the Thunderhill event on 4/23? Yes it is a drive but it would be a nice weekend and very rewarding ........ How about start planning a caravan to our Niello Acura sponsored NSX exclusive (third annual) track event on 9/3 at Thunderhill?

Eddie, are you attending 4/23? I sent you an e-mail and I beleive Andrie did the same too ....?

Hrant

Sorry, I'll have to pass on Thunderhill on 4/23.
We are taking the Miata and competing in the OTC no more than a few weeks later, and I suspect Mike and I's budget will be running pretty thin by then...

We'll come back and hit Thunderhill on the 4th day of OTC anyway..

I kinda want to go.... But I've just got this un-shakeable feeling that it's gonna rain or my car's gonna break or both. I think I'll save my track budget for the sunny part of the year.

-Mike

Well..crappy...weather.com says rain on Saturday AND sunday..
What a bunch of BS.
This is the last time I'll get to drive my car at the track before it goes away.
PLEASE If there is a GOD let it be SUNNY!

The entire work week is supposed to be mostly sunny yet the WEEKEND WILL HAVE RAIN!! <insert sound clip of me banging my keyboard repeatedly>

Edo and the rest of you OTs, I hope to see you guys at the NEXT sunny event which will be on the 23rd of March at PIR

-Nader

Originally posted by Prancing Horse:
.. I hope to see you guys at the NEXT sunny event which will be on the 23rd of March at PIR

-Nader

LOL
biggrin.gif
I'll be just getting back from the F1 race in Malaysia. Maybe I can bring some pics.

Hejo,

I envy you, dammit! Help a poor, F1 deprived soul and bring back some pics!

So, now the weather for Sunday will be PM showers. What does that mean? Rain from 1pm on or evening or what? Well, it looks like I will have to wait till Saturday/Sunday morning to see what the weather will be like. If its dry, I'll be on my way!
smile.gif

hal, get us some video. Forget pics.
I want screaming wailing F1 Video!!

and on a side note
*starts No-Rain Dance*

Anyone want to join me in the "No-Rain" Dance?

I have SV but lately, I have seen nothing but nascrap on and I would rather lose brain cells by smoking crack. At least it will give me a rush. Not that I would know.

Let us join together and claim SV back! I want my GP, SB, F1, GT, and other races back!!
mad.gif
Send your emails expressing your hate for the new programming schedules.

-Nader
considering saying 'screw it' and heading down to PIR rain or shine

[This message has been edited by Prancing Horse (edited 14 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Edo:
hal, get us some video. Forget pics.
I want screaming wailing F1 Video!!

and on a side note
*starts No-Rain Dance*

Anyone want to join me in the "No-Rain" Dance?

Your rain dance must have worked Edo.
biggrin.gif

I really wanted to go but I thought for sure it was going to rain. Now I'm kicking myself, oh well maybe this March.

Myself, Sanchin (Mike Wann) and John Hudak, all attended.
You all missed out on a GREAT track event.
I'll post pictures here in a bit.
Both days were dry!! Perfect for tracking an NSX.
Its too bad though..you guys missed my last track event in my NSX.
Its going up for sale now.

Too bad y'all missed it. It was a great track and a fun 2 days! Edo was giving out rides and it was definitely an experience to ride with him.

Edo, too bad you're selling the NSX.... So what's next? F355?

I think I am going to look into something like an S-Zero converted NSX or something.
I am now in love with the 3.2L 6Spd.
Its 10X better than the 3.0L 5spd.

With the 3.2L 6spd, I/H/E and my Suspension setup, I KNOW I could have easily outdistanced that Viper GTS, instead of duking it out with him neck and neck.

Ahhh what a way to go out though huh?
Out with a bang..I think that whole Viper ordeal will remain as a legend in the Audi club.

Even though they weren't letting anyone give rides, I talked to the Audi Club's head instructor later on Sunday and he ok'd me to give rides to anyone.

Apparently I blew past him while he was driving a heavily modified TT, and deemed me safe enough to give rides...
hehehe

Damn too bad I missed the event. It sounds like everyone had a blast. However I got to do a little driving myself. I was in Texas last weekend and man do they drive fast down there! I was in my father Bimmer blasting down the back roads between San Antonio and Austin - did a little hill hoppin
wink.gif

Looks like I won't make it back for the 23rd after all. I've been ask to visit a bunch of customers in Japan and China after the race. Maybe we can setup another time together and I'll bring pics/video.

Todd - I can help you with many places in Italy. It should be pretty nice in June. If you're goign with your girlfriend buy a good set of dark sunglasses!
biggrin.gif
We can talk about it the next Wednesday. BTW I'm good friends with Sam E. Tell him he's a smuck because he has called or emailed me recently. I've got some good golfing stories from when I was in the UK recently.

Eddie - talk to Justin Hall and look at 125cc shifter karts
smile.gif
Better yet go drive one and see if that F50 laughing smile doesn't come back on your face.

Last... I'm either selling my NSX this week or I'm going to take it off the market. I'm just too busy to sell it or drive it. What kind of problem is that to have!

Back