• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alpine MP3 CD changer instructions

There is an error in instruction number 3 of the instructions.
It should read:

Make the front mounting hole larger with the 3/8" drill bit.
You will need to drill one new hole for the rear mounting bolt with the 3/8" drill bit.

ImageServer.psp

Last edited:
Ok.. call me an idiot, but why do you need to enlarge the front mount holes? it seemed to work fine for me as is... i still need to drill small spots for the rear holes thought...

Did i do something wrong?
Left.JPG

Right.JPG
Front.JPG

???

Ok, Nevermind that above post. It worked out fine in terms of installation, however, the head unit doesn'at appear to be recognizing the CD player. I followed the intstructions to the T, (minus the use of the ALUALP adapter). The unit is getting power and appears to cycle through the CD slots in the cartridge, but the head unit just keeps toggling between AM and FM without ever stopping on CD. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

nsxxtreme said:
There is an error in instruction number 3 of the instructions.
It should read:

Make the front mounting hole larger with the 3/8" drill bit.
You will need to drill one new hole for the rear mounting bolt with the 3/8" drill bit.

The instructions on the website have now been updated with this correction. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you Lud.

Ok.. call me an idiot, but why do you need to enlarge the front mount holes?
How did it line up after you put every thing together did everything function correctly? Is the bracket able to open and close properly? You may have found a way to do it with less work.

When I originally did this I just did it in a way that mimiced the original installation. Which has both brackets between the clip. In order to do this the hole needed to be made larger because the hole in the alpine bracket does not line up with the hole in the bracket. The only potential problem I could see with the way you did it is that it will move the Alpine bracket and changer to the left more. I would just check to make sure nothing rubs when you pull down the changer. If so then you indeed have found a way to do it with less work.

I mounted mine without widening the factory holes either. Might need to stretch just a tiny bit but wasn't a big deal. I did not drill the extra holes for the rear two brackets. The changer seems to be holding up fine with just the two front brackets as shown in SigEpUCI's pictures. Everything has been working properly, I have a slightly stiffer Zanardi suspension and the music hasn't yet skipped once.

Back