• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alright old car aficionado's - name the 2 cars on the right...

I know there are some who are into the classics here. I'm not particularly - but after being at a car show with these cars and seeing the reactions I'm curious if anyone can figure out what they are. The others are easy but the 2 on the right are quite obscure. Bonus: how many were made?

4700PICT0008-med.JPG

Last edited:
I believe (not positive) the far right is a 57 chevy 4 door and the one next to it is a 56 chevy but it looks like the rear has been modified. Looks like they added a fin or something to the quaretr panel. Do you know? Now im curious.

MLmotorsport said:
I know there are some who are into the classics here. I'm not particularly - but after being at a car show with these cars and seeing the reactions I'm curious if anyone can figure out what they are. The others are easy but the 2 on the right are quite obsure. Bonus: how many were made?

4700PICT0008-med.JPG

Far right looks like a 59-60 Brougham, maybe a couple hundred? The convertible looks couple years older?

I'm going to go with 1956 and 1957 Chevys on this one.

The one on the left has the Caddi side fin to it, but if you look at the wheel well shape, it's that of a Chevy. The same thing with the one on the right- the wheel well shapes are Chevy- Caddilacs have a more rectangular look to them than a swooping look. However, the body work on the rear of both cars looks altered.

hints:
I do know what they are (part of my dads eclectic collection :rolleyes: ) but I didn't really know their significance or pay much attention until I saw the reactions this weekend. I'll give a couple hints...
The white is a '56, 7-9 produced (unknown) , 2 still exist. This one was on the cover of a '56 Motor Trend issue.
The red is a '57, 13-17 produced (also not known for sure), we believe 8-9 still exist today in hard top, convertible, and 4dr models - maybe 5 of those aren't in junk heaps).
I think someone will figure it out... :smile:

Last edited:
I think CDX NSX is correct. A little more research and the white one looks to be the cadillac eldorado biarritz and the other is a fleetwood.

mateo91181 said:
I think CDX NSX is correct. A little more research and the white one looks to be the cadillac eldorado biarritz and the other is a fleetwood.

neither :biggrin:

ps - If I remember correctly the Motor Trend cover didn't give the name of the car away - in fact the headline was a bit misleading.

Red one looks like a 58 Cadillac Sixty special, can't see the very rear end. Or a coupe de ville.

White one Looks like a 57 Cadi Convertible..
My guesses.

mateo91181 said:
Enough already. Tell us.:confused:

Would it make you feel better if I told you that you had the best guess right off?

But I just gotta think someone is going to know what they are! Hmm... perhaps I should introduce some kind of stakes.... :biggrin:
I'll give it another hour :wink:

MLmotorsport said:
The white is a '56, 7-9 produced (unknown) , 2 still exist. This one was on the cover of a '56 Motor Trend issue.

And it's pictured facing away from the camera with a bald guy in a green jacket driving and a brunette in a red jacket as the passenger. The top is down by the way in the cover photo. :)

Hugh said:
And it's pictured facing away from the camera with a bald guy in a green jacket driving and a brunette in a red jacket as the passenger. The top is down by the way in the cover photo. :)

I say! Good work my man - we have the cover in the cars display but I can't remember if it actually states what the car is. If so... let's hear it Hugh. :smile: ...do you have a link or do you actually have the mag?!
I do know that the lettering on the trunk is impossible to make out and is, in fact, the wrong number of characters. I guess I remember more about this decade long quest of my dad's than I thought :rolleyes: . Garbage in...

Hugh said:
uhhhhh errrrrrrrr ummmmmmm why are all the pages stuck together? Damn It!

haha!... motor trend?!?! :eek:

they're both Chevy's

Hugh said:
1956 El Morocco Convertible. hehehehehe

Hugh is correct. (and thank you for finding me a couple more of those MT issues for sale!)
They are both El Morocco's
The red '57 will be on display at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater in Branson, MO here in a week or so for an indefinite length of time. Mentioned here 2/3's down.

If anyone makes it over to see it would you PLEASE make comment that it has a convertible interior! No one has caught that yet - not even the judges! :biggrin:

MLmotorsport said:
haha!... motor trend?!?! :eek:

they're both Chevy's

They always say that your first guess is usually correct. I shoulda stuck with the chevy idea. I didnt think at first that they were cady's but the white has similar chrome molding on the side as the cady does. Thats what was throwing me off.:confused: Nice cars!!

Back