• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I Selling Out?

Simple solution. If you really want rotary, wait until Mazda releases their new "RX7" based off the more reliable RX8 platform, though this may be a while. Or you can wait to find the right NSX which will surely take less time. As much as I myself would love to own an RX7, I refuse to own a hole on four wheels that I pour money into. It's such a shame the RX7 isn't more reliable.

Originally posted by hejo:
Here's one I found but I'm on the other coast. Does anyone know about it?

I know it's not on either coast...
biggrin.gif

There's no way the RX7 is going to appreciate at $1k per year. To be honest, I don't see where the market has shown this at all. The car really didn't exist very long (the last gen, that is) and hasn't been off the market all that long.

- Not to be argumentative, because I appreciate all the responses - I've been following the market since 1999, and what I've seen is the RX7 (the low mileage ones) creeping up from (asking price on Auto Trader) - about $1K per year. Last year at this time, most were in the low 20's, this year (even right at this very moment) - people are asking high twenty's and low to mid 30's. Now - whether they are getting that is a completely different story. In comparison, it seems that each year the 1996's to 2001 drop approximately $5K per year before maintaing and depreciating about $2 to $3 per year. However, with that being said, I've seen an actual jump across the board (like the RX7) this past year of about $5K but the pattern still the same.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I know it's not on either coast...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
funny I thought this was the one back east in CT. In any case I found this one and another I think in LA. I know there was another on the east coast some place but can't find it.

Back