Amuse + R35 GTR = Insanity

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTYVCkPSfY

Wow... This is super awesome. Can't wait for Amuse to get hands on the V-spec. Oh boy, Porsche got a job to do with the next GT2 (I know the first ones are just being delievered) and boy oh boy Nissan won't release the V-spec until it beats ZR1 in every aspect...

Did I hear anyone say 100.000 $ hyper car crusher? I can picture the face of a Enzo owner getting outaccellerated by a stock car costing 1/10th. Or a Carrera GT owner.

Good luck Honda. Good luck Lexus/Toyota. Good luck indeed.

This is so "unfair", I have had wet dreams about a Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG because it's said to be faster than a Enzo/SLR/CGT, but this is starting to get ridicilous.

The only bad aspect of this is (IMHO) that whenever people reach the dreams of 500+ hp cars is at a mature age. People have learned to drive properly and with responsibility (oh well most of them lucky bastards :)) - but making this much power accessible to such low prices can only mean loads of pictures to those creepy crashed exotics websites. Audi R8's hit those pages within a few weeks and also pictures of wrecked R35s!

Thoughts?

I always thought a 420hp GT3 or a 500 hp Scuderia would be in the elite of performance but the power war is going just too fast IMHO.

2018: 1870 hp Corvette with V16 hit the stores. Audi RS6 5th gen. with 1000 hp V12 powerplant weighing 5000.

/Rant :tongue: :smile:

Last edited:
I always thought a 420hp GT3 or a 500 hp Scuderia would be in the elite of performance but the power war is going just too fast IMHO.

2018: 1870 hp Corvette with V16 hit the stores. Audi RS6 5th gen. with 1000 hp V12 powerplant weighing 5000.

/Rant :tongue: :smile:
Except the 2018 will probably still be a pushrod V8. And the RS6 already weighs close to 5000lbs! However, there are already signs of the power war at least slowing down a little bit. Audi will actually have slightly less power in the next S4 and probably RS4 as well, using an S/C V6 instead of an N/A V8. I don't mind the power wars slowing/stopping or even decreasing slightly, as long as there is similar performance at a lighter, more efficient weight.

Going to see how this car plays out, I looked at the Z06 and the M5. I just can not seem to find a car I really do like. I also looked at the 996 TT but it just looks like crap. Also a 2002+ NSX is just too slow :(

Umm, try more like 1/100th for a Cobra SVT strip queen to beat down the two 11 second exotics you just mentioned.

What's really better is the face of a of an NSX owner getting out-accelerated by a turbo miata that costs $5000 :wink:

I think he meant quasi-production car vs Enzo etc...

HAHA, the first thing that comes to mind when someone brings up the C63 is Jeremy saying "This car is like an axe murderer and I absolutely love it!"

C63 is not bad, lets see how the GT-R plays out. I think the GT-R will kick the shit outa the C63.
A GTR will be faster around a track. Without driving the C63 (but driving the GTR), personally I like the RWD drift-happyness of the C63, add 4 doors and it's a combo that works for me over the GTR.

Are you looking for the fastest racecar for the street, or are you looking for a nice and quick car? It all depends on what your objectives are and one choice is the 'best' or 'right' for everyone...

A GTR will be faster around a track. Without driving the C63 (but driving the GTR), personally I like the RWD drift-happyness of the C63, add 4 doors and it's a combo that works for me over the GTR.

Are you looking for the fastest racecar for the street, or are you looking for a nice and quick car? It all depends on what your objectives are and one choice is the 'best' or 'right' for everyone...

I could care less about brand. What car under 100k is going to be the most fun and good on a track without having to put 10k into it? Also I don't need 4 seats just 2 :)

996 GT3 or a already modded 997S. I saw a modded 997S get 352 RWHP - thats with headers, exhaust etc etc. No supercharging. If you don't like to put money into it then buy a modded car.

I drove a stock 997S and it felt like my old evo, just a little nicer inside and 107k not 30k. I do like the 997 GT3 but when I looked they had a markup on them, also I still think the GT-R is going to be faster and more fun. I still need to drive a GT3, that's something for this month to do :)

Back