• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Angeles Crest Canyon Drive - Sunday 8am, Feb 20

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
UPDATE: Event postponed for a tbd later date. See post #32

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you have expressed interest for an Angeles Crest Hwy drive. My good friend Kuni (GPW NA2) has agreed to lead us up there. We will start off in La Cañada at 8am and end up having lunch at Newcombs. We should be back by 3pm or earlier.

I love these roads. There are no homes or driveways to worry about. It's simply miles and miles of twisties. This is a lot of fun but please be safe!

This route is for the drivers. You can go at your own pace but if you're there to cruise no one will see you - stay home. We have other drive events for cruises :)

I'm a bit hesitant to setup anything considering all the formalities/disclaimers necessary for the last CalCoastal Drive but you're all adults. (Am I liable for anything by organizing? shrug)

This route may change pending road conditions. Learn the route. I doubt we'll have radios. Leaders will wait at every turn-off.
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212293114785214327654.00049ac373d1cc23a3740&ll=34.356758,-118.079338&spn=0.262736,0.528374&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212293114785214327654.00049ac373d1cc23a3740&ll=34.356758,-118.079338&spn=0.262736,0.528374&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">2011 Winter ACH</a> in a larger map</small>

Link with waypoints

Disclaimers:
  • No heroes. Drive within your ability and your car’s ability. This is not the place to learn where your limits are.
  • Be mindful of road conditions. There WILL be gravel, wet pavement, etc.
  • Make sure you have good tires. No balding, cracking, or old tires.
  • Make sure your car is in overall good health. You don't just slide off the road you slide off the mountain. ACH is California’s deadliest road.
  • You will very likely get paint chips. If you want to see what many trips to ACH looks like, just look at my car. In other words, I'm a very happy NSX owner and lucky to have access to the best road. :)

More details later!

If you've never been up there see post #4 below

Last edited:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQFKVfWUTCw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Hey Regan,

Highway 2 Angles Crest Highway via La Canada is closed. See Cal trans post below:

SR 2
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM 2 MI EAST OF THE EAST JCT OF I 210 TO 8 MI EAST OF
LA CANADA (LOS ANGELES CO) - DUE TO STORM DAMAGE REPAIR - MOTORISTS ARE
ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

ALL TRACTOR-SEMI TRAILER COMBINATIONS WITH 3 AXLES OR GREATER ARE
PROHIBITED FROM THE JCT OF I 210 /IN LA CANADA-FLINTRIDGE/ TO THE
ANGELES FOREST HIGHWAY (LOS ANGELES CO) - ALTERNATE ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE

I'm in.

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR

This is going to be real fun.

Hugo, Regan made sure he waited till you will back:wink:. It will good to see you again.<!-- / message -->

Last edited:
Hey Regan,

Highway 2 Angles Crest Highway via La Canada is closed. See Cal trans post below:

SR 2
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM 2 MI EAST OF THE EAST JCT OF I 210 TO 8 MI EAST OF
LA CANADA (LOS ANGELES CO) - DUE TO STORM DAMAGE REPAIR - MOTORISTS ARE
ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

ALL TRACTOR-SEMI TRAILER COMBINATIONS WITH 3 AXLES OR GREATER ARE
PROHIBITED FROM THE JCT OF I 210 /IN LA CANADA-FLINTRIDGE/ TO THE
ANGELES FOREST HIGHWAY (LOS ANGELES CO) - ALTERNATE ROUTES ARE AVAILABLE
Hi Mario,

Yes, that has been closed for a while now. There are a couple other ways to get up there. That's no problem.

count me in gentlemen:biggrin:

can you do it for me? i'm too lazy :tongue:

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
6. Striker525 (I'm too lazy)

Do you want me to drive your car too?

Les, you can leave the driving to me SIR!

Les, you can leave the driving to me SIR!

You didn't just call me the "S" word did you????:mad:......................................................................:biggrin:

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
6. Striker525 (I'm too busy waxing my wheels but still too lazy to post name here)

Fixed again.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
If you read it correctly LES, the "S" word is implied cause you're a GOOD MAN heheehe. Anyway, as busy as i am waxing and shining up the ride, i just wanna make it look good. hehe

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
6. Striker525 (Too lazy to take it out cause it might get dirty, lol)
7. DASHNBY

FIXED x3

If you read it correctly LES, the "S" word is implied cause you're a GOOD MAN heheehe. Anyway, as busy as i am waxing and shining up the ride, i just wanna make it look good. hehe

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
7. DASHNBY

FIXED x3
I hear the extra wax makes your car faster too! haha :biggrin:

btw guys.. this probably goes w/o saying but if you plan on staying for brunch/lunch don't forget to bring $10-20

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
7. DASHNBY

FIXED x3

LOL
Ron, maybe you can wax and shine up my ride for me since I'm older or a "SIR" as you like to call me.:biggrin: You know how hard that is for us Seniors:tongue:

1. RYU
2. Kuni
3. suntaelee?
4. HGL1668 (Hugo)
5. LMR
6. Striker525 (Too lazy to take it out cause I might get down and dirty, lol)
7. DASHNBY

Fixed (Final) :eek::biggrin:

Back