• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another Bike Rack for the NSX Thread - Sea Sucker

Howdy Primers:

After reading positive reviews for the Sea Sucker bicycle rack, I pulled the trigger on one.

So far, so good with mine, although I've only driven minimal miles with the system/bike attached.

Mine is the Talon Sea Sucker carrier. It seem solid enough, but I still freak out about the suction plates losing pressure.

Here's couple of images of the rack with my Trek Madone aboard.

Attachments

• DSC_1251.jpg
    DSC_1251.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC_1250.jpg
    DSC_1250.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 323
Love it...I have a Scott Foil 15 with Di2 Ultegra...

Howdy Primers:

After reading positive reviews for the Sea Sucker bicycle rack, I pulled the trigger on one.

So far, so good with mine, although I've only driven minimal miles with the system/bike attached.

Mine is the Talon Sea Sucker carrier. It seem solid enough, but I still freak out about the suction plates losing pressure.

And I thought I needed a second car/suv to haul that around. Now that I know about this setup, I can make some inquiries.

Nice Madone, by the way.

It fits! I love this car even more now!!

Removing the passenger seat is required but the fit is perfect for a bike with a 77cm seat height. I could do a bungee cord or fab a fork bracket but it actually fits so well it could take some G's. And both wheels will fit in the trunk.

Attachments

• nsx-bike2.jpg
    nsx-bike2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 255
  • nsx-bike1.jpg
    nsx-bike1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 239
We lost a $3000+ camera while filming on one of these suction cups �� it was mounted on a 3 cup tripod and still failed.

just need to make sure the surface is clean and high heat variations does affect it. Just FYI... They do fail once in a while. The good news is that the bike is probably much lighter than a fully setup hD camera with lens.

We lost a $3000+ camera while filming on one of these suction cups �� it was mounted on a 3 cup tripod and still failed.

just need to make sure the surface is clean and high heat variations does affect it. Just FYI... They do fail once in a while. The good news is that the bike is probably much lighter than a fully setup hD camera with lens.

My experience with their Mini Bomber on another vehicle (I plan to also use with NSX) was positive. Drive included 6000ft of elevation gain. Temp changes, elevation gains (lower pressure outside cup), dirt, plunger lube, cup condition, surface condition - all of these can contribute to attachment that weakens over time. I only felt comfortable driving a couple hours before checking the hold/re-pumping to ensure max suck. A couple positive checks like that and I'd gain the confidence necessary to go fill-up to fill-up on a road trip between checking/pumping. Such maintenance/vigilance to me was a minor inconvenience.

It is amazingly-easy to remove intentionally. Watching me do that made my wife do a double-take (she's the one with the nice bike).

Last edited:
Howdy Primers:

How is this holding up some 3 years later? I am interested in one.

Back