• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Another size-question

Hi all.
I have been browsing the forum a lot lately as I am about to upgrade my wheels from my current Gotti split 16/17" to a better looking set of wheels.
As there are not much to choose from as the NSX is very rare in sweden and most wheel-dealers have no idea what kind of car this is, they seldom wants to get involved.
Although, now I found a nice looking wheel that probably fit, and I would be very happy if anyone that have the same sizes could post some pictures of their car/wheels and also let me know of any rubbing issues, problem with the TCS etc.

The sizes of the wheels and tires are:
Front: 18x8.5 et40 with 225/35R18
Back: 19x9.5 et40 with 275/30R19

The wheel is named Ace Fox and the tires will probably be Hankook.

I am unfamiliar with any wheel named Fox from Ace - there is no sign of it on their website http://www.acealloywheel.com/

all Ace wheels to date are cast - you really ought to be looking at forged wheels instead

also, pretty much any wheels in those sizes are going to be significantly heavier than stock (which are forged by the way) especially with the huge tyres needed wrapped around them.

if your NSX is a street cruiser/show car then looks are of course bound to be a higher priority than performance and none of these points really matter.

but if you use it for spirited driving and/or circuit driving then you should look at smaller & lighter wheels instead.

Hi there.

This setup is for view only - when I go to track I will use my old wheels and put used slicks on them (usullay easy to bye used slicks cheap by the track).

The front wheels and tires are too big and will probably rub. Look for 18x7.5 or 18x8, with 215/35-18 tires.

Hi again.

I just got my new shoes and it fits very well to the car.
The front barerly rubs on full turn if I hit a bump, otherwise it works well.
The rims are very light to be molded as they have been molded in parts and then welded together. Weighs about 5kg less than any other equal sized molded rim.

What do you think of the new look?

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 69
  • after front.JPG
    after front.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 72
  • after side.JPG
    after side.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 76
Back