• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any experiences with the Mine ECU

MvM

Legendary Member
A friend of mine has just bought a Japanese MINE ECU for a NA2 NSX and has just installed it without any problems.
He told me the Mine ECU is very well known for the MR2 (which he also has).

So far, I had only heard from the Science of Speed and Dali Racing chips to actually have a positive result on the NSX.

I've visited the mine website at http://www.mines-wave.com/
I see they have ECU for both the NA1 and NA-2 NSX-R, but my Japanese unfortunately doesn't go any further than 'Hai'.

Does anyone else have any experience with these ECU's. Are they comparable to the SOS and Dali ones or are they any better.

MvM said:
Are they comparable to the SOS and Dali ones or are they any better.

+1!

My car had a Mine's ECU installed in it's former life in Japan, and I haven't been able to find out much about their relative merits. From my experience the fuel economy is still very good, I can't comment on the performance side. Anyone have some info?

i don't know how well it works on nsx, but Mine's is known for its ECU tuning. It's kind of hard to make only one product and being world known (except US us the cavemen)

and please guys, get it right, it's Mine's not mine!!! op, you are not the only one who said that, that's why it annoys me.

Reviving this old thread, as I just got my hands on a Mine's NA1 ECU and just installed it. Note that I have a JDM automatic, and the ECU unit I purchased is supposedly programmed specifically for the automatic. Mine's tunes the ECU assuming you are running 100 RON octane fuel, which is around 95.5 AKI. I can easily get 93 AKI around me in the U.S., so I added VP Racing Octanium booster to my fuel so the ECU would be happy. First test drive, instantly felt the better throttle response, the car definitely reacts much quicker to throttle input. Revs higher before shifting (remember this is an automatic), not quite into VTEC mode but definitely lets it pull harder before shifting. Exhaust note seems to be better but that might be a placebo effect, although dumping more fuel could definitely have an impact on sound. Now for the interesting part. First time I put it into 2nd gear and did a hard pull all way up to about 6500 rpm, I caused a CEL. Immediately pulled over. Nothing sounded weird. Turned off engine and then restarted it. No CEL. Let it sit for a while with engine running to make sure CEL did not return, which it didn't. Drove cautiously for 5 minutes with no CEL. So proceeded to make a full more pulls to 6500-7000 rpm and never got the CEL again. My only guess is the octane booster had not yet fully mixed with the tank of gas, so the engine ran a little lean on that first pull? But after driving for 5 minutes the booster had mixed its way in? I have no other explanation. Second test drive the next morning and no CEL after 40 minutes of driving. Overall impression is that the Mine's ECU is doing exactly what it is advertised, and I enjoy the increased performance of the car. Will just need to make sure I allow the octane booster to mix sufficiently after I add it each time.

Back