• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any good sushi or seafood restaurants in/around Dallas?

I'm flying out tomorrow to Dallas for the week on business, and I'll be staying in the Irving area. Can anyone recommend any good sushi or seafood restaurants? Anywhere I can get freshly steamed cajun crawfish? Pappadeaux's annual crawfish event just ended. :(

I tried a couple of sushi joints in Las Colinas last time, and was not impressed...never saw Mexican chefs in a Japanese restaurant before. :eek:

Thanks for any recommendations.

It might be a bit of a drive for you, but here's two places I've eaten at that had fantastic sushis. Both are near down-town.

Bluefish on Greenville, and Draelion on Oaklawn. Draelion is a little pricey, but they've got a great chilean sea bass dish.

Allen

We go to several places in Irving~
Midori on McArthur and Northgate for bargains
Blue Fish on McArthur and HW 114 for atmosphere and cocktails
Hanashao on Beltline @ Rochelle for truly authentic.

Jim K.

My wife and I eat sushi 2 to 3 x mo

Our favorite is Sushi on Mickinney.

It is located one block south of Knox st on MicKinney

Sit at the sushi bar and ask for Chikasan he loves to talk about the NSX and wants to buy mine

He is from Japan, not Mexico!

Good Luck

Mr Maxx's is a good japanese restaurant. It's near Hanashao's. I'm not too familiar with the area since im' from houston.

Sushi-Sake in Richardson TX.- (a little out of your way)

I eat lunch there about once a week, it is perpetually crowded, but I am never disappointed.

Sushi-Sake
1206 Chesterton Dr
Richardson, TX 75080-2921
972-470-0722

'Steel' has awesome sushi and seafood in Dallas off Cedar Springs. The sea bass in the best in Dallas!

Sushi Zushi - Oak Lawn and Blackburn (not far from Steel and Dralion)
Rock and Roll Sushi - Northwest Highway and Preston
Naan - Legacy at the Tollway - North Dallas
Mr. Sushi - Addison

Abacus is way overrated - great food but crappy atmosphere and incredibly intrusive service along with moonshot prices.

If you can make your way around for crawfish, Johnny G's in Flower Mound is authentic cajun.

Might as well hit Cool River in Las Colinas while you're in town, for the scenery if nothing else.

PHOEN$X said:
I'm flying out tomorrow to Dallas for the week on business, and I'll be staying in the Irving area. Can anyone recommend any good sushi or seafood restaurants? Anywhere I can get freshly steamed cajun crawfish? Pappadeaux's annual crawfish event just ended. :(

I tried a couple of sushi joints in Las Colinas last time, and was not impressed...never saw Mexican chefs in a Japanese restaurant before. :eek:

Thanks for any recommendations.

hahha.. that is common in California. You will see Latino chefs anywhere in calif. even you go to French restaurant. :wink:

I don't eat sushi too often, but Blue Fish (been to the one on Tollway & the one off Macarthur) has a pretty cool atmosphere and good food.

whatisreal7 said:
All this sushi talk make me crave it, so I went to sushi sake last night...deeeeelicoius.

You know that it is... :biggrin:

Your recomendation of Bluefish on Greenville is a block from my place- I could walk there, and I think I will one night this week!

I am really glad to see this thread- it is helping me broaden my horizons a bit!

Philip

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, guys. I made it to a couple of places.

Tei Tei - Subpar food and average service. I must have gone on an off night. The sushi wasn't the freshest, the portions were small, and the bill was expensive for what I got.

Sushi on McKinney - Excellent food and service. The sushi was fresh, the portion sizes were decent, and the service was top notch. I spent significantly less than at Tei Tei. Oh, I met and spoke with Chikasan (nice guy). :D

Cool River - Poor service with an attitude. I went with a few colleagues, and we waited over half an hour for a waitress to come take our orders. She left in the middle of taking our orders and never came back to our table. :confused: We gave up and went to Bahama Breeze instead.

PHOEN$X said:
Thanks a lot for the recommendations, guys. I made it to a couple of places.

Cool River - Poor service with an attitude. I went with a few colleagues, and we waited over half an hour for a waitress to come take our orders. She left in the middle of taking our orders and never came back to our table. :confused: We gave up and went to Bahama Breeze instead.

What idiot recommended Cool River? Oh yeah, that was me. Sorry about your bad experience there - I've had good luck and usually the scenery is off the charts. Sounds like the staff now thinks they are part of the beautiful crowd instead of serving it....

Next time you're in big D, I'll buy you a cold beer to make up for it. :wink:

Back