• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things to do in Fort Lauderdale

My wife and I will be flying down to FLL to shop for my next car:smile: . We're staying at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood June30-April2. The hotel's website said it was on the beach, but when we looked at the map, Hollywood is inland. Anyone know if it's on the beach??

Are there any must-do's while we're down there? We like adventure type activities. We will be kayaking and seadooing. Other than that we don't have much planned. Any restaurant recommendations? We like italian and sushi. What areas are good for sight seeing from a scooter (we're renting 2 50cc mopeds :redface: )

Thanks

The Diplomat is on the beach, but they also have a golf club resort that is a 1/2 mile from the beach. Be careful with scooters. The area you are in is highly populated with senior citizens who don't have stellar driving skills. You are better off taking a cab to South Beach, about 25 minutes down A1A and hanging out there for an afternoon. As for the resturants in the area, Aventura, the next town south has some great resturants, as well as South Beach.

Send me a PM before you get into town and maybe some of us Fla NSXers can meet up with you.

Btw, I think you mistyped the dates that you will be here. June 30-April 2 is nine months. I certianly hope you can find a car sooner! :biggrin:

DocL said:
The Diplomat is on the beach, but they also have a golf club resort that is a 1/2 mile from the beach. Be careful with scooters. The area you are in is highly populated with senior citizens who don't have stellar driving skills. You are better off taking a cab to South Beach, about 25 minutes down A1A and hanging out there for an afternoon. As for the resturants in the area, Aventura, the next town south has some great resturants, as well as South Beach.

Send me a PM before you get into town and maybe some of us Fla NSXers can meet up with you.

Btw, I think you mistyped the dates that you will be here. June 30-April 2 is nine months. I certianly hope you can find a car sooner! :biggrin:

You're right... I meant March30-April2. I wish I could go down for nine months! We already reserved a convertible ($30/day at Alamo!) so I don't really see the need for scooters but my wife really enjoys renting them on vacation (ironic how she never rides the one's we have at home). We'll check out Aventura and South Beach restaurants on restaurant.com.

We'd love to get together with fellow primers. I met MiamieNeSeX's sister once :biggrin:

DocL said:

Just make sure the good doctor leaves his butt plug collection and Astroglide at home. If he agrees, I'll leave behind my dog and jar of Jif if we all get together. :biggrin:

Barrett-Jackson in West Palm Beach March 29-April 1!

Anyone else want to go? It's at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Southern just west of the Turnpike. I'm planning to go, although I don't know if I'll go Saturday or Sunday.

Post which day you can go, maybe we can meet and caravan there.

I went the last two years. It's worth the trip from Miami or Fort Lauderdale or even from points north like Melbourne.

I'm open for either days. Would be nice to meet some other nsxers here in So. Fl.

Scooters are fun in South beach. Especially on the weekends.

GEENSX said:
I'm open for either days. Would be nice to meet some other nsxers here in So. Fl.

Just be careful of the guy in Boca who may offer you peanut butter. :biggrin:

I hope that you know that Windermere and Ft. Lauderdale are pretty far apart. You may actually have a better chance at the B-J auction. Every car at these auctions is listed without a reserve, and the current trend is with muscle cars getting top dollar as you probably already know. Either way, I like the color combinations that you are interested in, and you should be able to get a 1995 355 Spyder for under $70k.

-Good luck.

Last week I wrote:

dquarasr2 said:
Barrett-Jackson in West Palm Beach March 29-April 1!

Anyone else want to go? It's at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Southern just west of the Turnpike. I'm planning to go, although I don't know if I'll go Saturday or Sunday.

Post which day you can go, maybe we can meet and caravan there.

I went the last two years. It's worth the trip from Miami or Fort Lauderdale or even from points north like Melbourne.

Anyone wanna go? I haven't yet picked which day (Saturday or Sunday) I'm going to go, but PM me and I'll try to coordinate.

dquarasr2 said:
Last week I wrote:
Anyone wanna go? I haven't yet picked which day (Saturday or Sunday) I'm going to go, but PM me and I'll try to coordinate.

Sounds interesting, any other info ? thansx*
mermaidani.gif

Back