• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info (including price) on 97 MCBP in Reno, NV (JH4NA2163VT000080)

I live in the area and know the dealer....if you want me to check it out

Cool...I'm in Sac, so it's a little too far to drive with gas prices as they are, just to get info on it. If you have time to check it out, let us know. :)

Tied up with work. I might be able to swing by the dealership to take a look this week.

Shheeeesh, you know There is a little device called a telephone that people use to communicate with each other. I know it does not have much of a keyboard but it works pretty well. And it usually does not take a week and a half for an answer! The Phone # is in the ad. Give 'em a call. This dealership has been around for a long time. used to be THE place to bring your Porsche or Audi for repair and upgrades.
The prices there are usually pretty high but you never know..........

Thanks I know what a phone is. Personally I don't want the BS run around that 99% of dealerships give you when you call and ask for just the price.

Thanks I know what a phone is. Personally I don't want the BS run around that 99% of dealerships give you when you call and ask for just the price.

I just called and this is how it went (verbatim):

auto haus: Hello Auto Haus.
me: hi, how much are you asking for the 97 nsx?
aut haus: $55k
me: thank you.

click.

I just called and this is how it went (verbatim):

auto haus: Hello Auto Haus.
me: hi, how much are you asking for the 97 nsx?
aut haus: $55k
me: thank you.

click.

RE 97 MCBP in Reno with 39K miles...

I did finally go check the car out. The car seems for a 97 to be in very good condition. The paint I would rate 9/10 for a 10 yr old car. Had to look hard to find even some small rock marks on the front of the car. The rims are pristine without any road rash. The tires look they new and were just replaced. Interior is around a 8.5/10. The only thing I noticed was some wear on the driver's side bolster, really nothing else seemed worn on the interior (black). The car is bone stock. It has had 4 owners. #1-2 owners in NC had it 7yrs. #2 in Cal for 2.5 yrs. #3 owner in NV had it 5 months and per report has a lot of $ and other cars and did not drive it much. It sat in a car warehouse with his other collector cars. He then traded it in on a $$$ Porshe at the current private dealership. Carfax does list an accident 10/02 in NC to the right front with "very minor damage". I looked at the area and could not tell any difference in the body panel gaps and the paint match seemed perfect but the car was a bit dusty. Carfax is otherwise clean (have of copy of it).

The somewhat down side is......the car is at:

http://sporthausinc.com/

They are a private exocitic car dealership in Reno. I think their asking prices IMHO are a little on the high side. The saleman (Tim Schomberg) says the asking price is down to $49,999. What they would take for the car is obviously lower, I am not sure how much lower that is (I am guessing 45K). The car itself, however, did seem to be in very good condition for what it is worth.

Last edited:
Back