• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on this? Too good to be true?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2003-Acura-NSX-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ382827384

Says "This 2003 NSX is a salvage title car that has been rebuilt. Full Structure saftey and e-test passed flying colours. Wide body kit with aftermarket 19" rims, tints and targa to set this car off for the perfect summer ride.16000 original miles is just getting broken in."

In Canada, I know 90s NSX are going around the same price or even higher, this is a 2003, can someone please comment on this? What are some things to look out for for a rebuild. Thanks.

From the pictures, I can see this...

1) aftermarket front bumper
2) widebody front fenders (missing side marker)
3) painted black roof
4) ugly aftermarket rear bump and rear valance
5) painted black spolier
6) dual fat can exhausts
7) "Acura" rear center taillight instead of A
8) widebody rear quarterpanels (missing side marker)

From that list, it *LOOKS* like it was perhaps involved in a front and rear collision to warrant the replacement of the front bumper, fenders, rear bumper, taillights, and rear QP.

First place to start would be with the vin# and see what comes up on Carfax/proof...also put the vin into Prime and see if there is anyone that knows the car.

The car has been for sale for a while...usually tells you something (is wrong).

What looks too good to be true....usually is

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2003-Acura-NSX-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ382827384

Says "This 2003 NSX is a salvage title car that has been rebuilt. Full Structure saftey and e-test passed flying colours. Wide body kit with aftermarket 19" rims, tints and targa to set this car off for the perfect summer ride.16000 original miles is just getting broken in."

In Canada, I know 90s NSX are going around the same price or even higher, this is a 2003, can someone please comment on this? What are some things to look out for for a rebuild. Thanks.

First place to start would be with the vin# and see what comes up on Carfax/proof...also put the vin into Prime and see if there is anyone that knows the car.

The car has been for sale for a while...usually tells you something (is wrong).

What looks too good to be true....usually is

Ya, agreed, I'm trying to not get my hopes up...hehe. So I should ask the seller for VIN and what else? Perhaps whether it was rebuilt by Acura/Honda? Thanks.

I would ask for the the VIN, and all documentation on the repairs, service etc. Don't leave any stones unturned.

If you still want to go further and only if all the other stuff checks out to your satisfaction I would have a pre-inspection done at an Acura dealer where they are familar with NSX's.

Just my opinion, but I would stay away from any car with a Salvage Title. They are never fixed "As good as New".

You may be able to get this for a cheap price but you will have to sell it for an even cheaper price in the future (due to the Salvage history) I would also worry about the safety of the vehicle isince its already been wrecked once.

Don't believe the seller that its just as safe as a non-salvage car. Salvage cars are fixed as cheaply as possible so the seller can resell it and make as much profit as possible.

Just my opinion, but I would stay away from any car with a Salvage Title. They are never fixed "As good as New".

Don't believe the seller that its just as safe as a non-salvage car. Salvage cars are fixed as cheaply as possible so the seller can resell it and make as much profit as possible.

Maybe you would fix the car as cheaply as possible, but please don't put down the many extremely skilled repair and rebuild professionals on this site who literally can make a damaged NSX "as good as new". I agree that many salvage cars are not repaired perfectly, but sometimes they are. A thorough prepurchase inspection should tell either way.

Maybe you would fix the car as cheaply as possible, but please don't put down the many extremely skilled repair and rebuild professionals on this site who literally can make a damaged NSX "as good as new". I agree that many salvage cars are not repaired perfectly, but sometimes they are. A thorough prepurchase inspection should tell either way.

+10000000. Salvage title cars can be restored and driven for years. Yeah it may not retain value but in this case provided it's been restored properly the OP can own, drive and enjoy the same model year car that I payed a good $20K more for. Do some digging up...if it turns out that the car was restored properly go for it! A restored salvage can be just as reliable as non-salvage IF the work was done right.

You may be able to get this for a cheap price but you will have to sell it for an even cheaper price in the future (due to the Salvage history) I would also worry about the safety of the vehicle isince its already been wrecked once.

So, he replied me, unfortunately I think HockeyGoalie is right with this one. Although I requested, seller didn't give VIN. Says no documentation since the rear accident [only 16000 miles], repair not done @ Acura Dealer, and just looking @ the parts change, it seems it used cheap methods to 'patch' things up. I'm more concerned about the engine tho if it was a rear accident. I'd stay way :(

ive messaged him a few months back (when the car was listed at 45k :/)

he says he has no idea what was in involved in original accident
he donest have any original body panels (hence ur looking at roughly 8 grand for rear 1/4 panel and front fender replacements as well as a rear bumper replacement. i believe the front bumper is oem.
he states the car was originally blue but had it repainted; but doesnt give much details from there.

that wide body kit is just really really tacky and from the back makes the car look 15 years older. to replace an oem 2002 rear bumper and going with some older 91 looking one im going to assume that the car was hit from the rear.

the worst part is the amount of body work to make that car look respectable on the road; he even cheesed the front bumper to the front fenders; meaning that you would have to have your body guy sand all the body cheese down; and likely have to re-buy all the rubber strips that go between the front bumper and the fenders. to replace/repaint/fix front bumper, front fenders, rear quarter panels, rear bumper, rear spoiler, roof, you'll need to factor a complete exterior paint job as well.

i dont think the car will sell for that asking price 35k+HST simply because in canada

- will need cash purchase due to branded title (no financing from banks)
- older more mature nsx propsective buyers with the cash wouldnt want a nsx looking like that; only kids (that dont have the cash) would want a car looking like that.
- AT LEAST 10 grand in parts/body work/paint to go back to oem (fenders, 1/4 panel, bumpers front and rear, wheels, exhaust) hence your total price would be about 45-50k; with 45-50 you can purchases a genuine 02+ nsx with clean title.

ive looked into salvage nsx's before in the past in canada; and the sellers would relucantly admit that it was taking them over 2 years to sell (assuming it actaully sold) it since most of the people interested in the salvage cars do not have the money and/or are in the category of those who simply cannot get financing from the bank either due to the salvage title.

all imho.

Ya, agreed, I'm trying to not get my hopes up...hehe. So I should ask the seller for VIN and what else? Perhaps whether it was rebuilt by Acura/Honda? Thanks.

from looking at the car it is apparent that it is not rebuilt by Acura/Honda... only duraflex aftermarket parts used for body fixes.

not true at at all. many times they are fixed like $h!t but after being on this forum ive seen some that have been restored to new condition.

it can be done properly; not saying that it always is, or isn't for that matter.

Last edited:
here's the scoop; was in the area so i checked it out.

JH4NA21633T000027

current owner says rear collision only. so rear bumper, 1/4 panels truck pan damage related to that type of collision. car was hit on an angle driver side 1/4 panel

-front bumper is aftermarket duraflex. front bumper was replaced since oem one was cracked. car was not in front collision.
-aftermarket front bumper cheesed/molded into wide fenders (ugh)
-wide body kit and rear bumper i am assuming is duralex as well.
-side skirts oem
-owner claims there was no frame damage, but then again in an email it was stated that the trunk pan was replaced (is that not part of the frame?)
-the engine bay is still lbbp color as well as well as the firewall of the car when you pop the hood. when you pop the hood its 2 tone, white/blue as the owner didnt want to strip everything when painting under the hood. too much work he stated was the reason.
-roof painted black
-oem wing painted black
-interior in not bad condition, carpets need to be replaced.
-no oem wheels available
-i dindt care to drive it but the owner said that it drives well.

if one had shawn/mac's skills; then one could restore this car and have a beautiful low milage 2002+ beauty; assuming that the selling price would reflect the tackiness/amount of work required to restore it.

otherwise at 35k+ another 10/15k to restore the car you are pretty much at 50k; which can buy a nice 2002+ non branded nsx. http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NSX/LA PRAIRIE/Quebec/19_5266390_/

Last edited:
was in that area so i checked it out today.

ive updated previous post to reflect my findings.

hope the info helps someone.

good luck.

Last edited:
Truth

ive messaged him a few months back (when the car was listed at 45k :/)

he says he has no idea what was in involved in original accident
he donest have any original body panels (hence ur looking at roughly 8 grand for rear 1/4 panel and front fender replacements as well as a rear bumper replacement. i believe the front bumper is oem.
he states the car was originally blue but had it repainted; but doesnt give much details from there.

that wide body kit is just really really tacky and from the back makes the car look 15 years older. to replace an oem 2002 rear bumper and going with some older 91 looking one im going to assume that the car was hit from the rear.

the worst part is the amount of body work to make that car look respectable on the road; he even cheesed the front bumper to the front fenders; meaning that you would have to have your body guy sand all the body cheese down; and likely have to re-buy all the rubber strips that go between the front bumper and the fenders. to replace/repaint/fix front bumper, front fenders, rear quarter panels, rear bumper, rear spoiler, roof, you'll need to factor a complete exterior paint job as well.

i dont think the car will sell for that asking price 35k+HST simply because in canada

- will need cash purchase due to branded title (no financing from banks)
- older more mature nsx propsective buyers with the cash wouldnt want a nsx looking like that; only kids (that dont have the cash) would want a car looking like that.
- AT LEAST 10 grand in parts/body work/paint to go back to oem (fenders, 1/4 panel, bumpers front and rear, wheels, exhaust) hence your total price would be about 45-50k; with 45-50 you can purchases a genuine 02+ nsx with clean title.

ive looked into salvage nsx's before in the past in canada; and the sellers would relucantly admit that it was taking them over 2 years to sell (assuming it actaully sold) it since most of the people interested in the salvage cars do not have the money and/or are in the category of those who simply cannot get financing from the bank either due to the salvage title.

all imho.

from looking at the car it is apparent that it is not rebuilt by Acura/Honda... only duraflex aftermarket parts used for body fixes.

not true at at all. many times they are fixed like $h!t but after being on this forum ive seen some that have been restored to new condition.

it can be done properly; not saying that it always is, or isn't for that matter.

JH4NA21633T000027

This car had 20 197 miles back in 2006 and was involved in 2 different accidents:

1. 04/25/2007 TROIS-RIVIERES-OUEST, QC
2. 10/25/2011 BAIE-COMEAU, QC

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
What the hell? it had less milage before the accidents? are there any accident details online?

the 2nd accident date would correspond with the sellers story as he stated that he purchased the car i think either dec last year or pretty much january of this year...

JH4NA21633T000027

This car had 20 197 miles back in 2006 and was involved in 2 different accidents:

1. 04/25/2007 TROIS-RIVIERES-OUEST, QC
2. 10/25/2011 BAIE-COMEAU, QC

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back