• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too good to be true!?

Hi all. No NSX owner but looking. I came across this one and is absolutelu to good te be true...

http://www.mobile.de/SID7gEGOqBOPRe...da.pl?bereich=pkw&id=11111111143920665&top=8&

I sent the following email:

Hello, saw the ad of the NSX. I am highly interested byt have some questions:
1) what is the VIN?
2) Has the car ever been involved in an accident or otherwise damaged?
3) What is the cars milage?
4) What maintenance has been done and by whom?
5) Does the car come with the original wheels/parts as well?
6) In which country was the car originally delivered?
Thanks in advance,

I got the following respons:

The car is produced in 2003 and registered on my name the same year, I`m the first owner of the car and I have never damaged it inside or out side as I have never been involved in any kind of accidents with it, I have the full service book you can see that your own. The last service of the car was made two months ago and the car is in great condition as the engine runs perfectly. I have no modif on the car just what you can see in the pictures. I can announce you that I look for a fast buyer so I will sell the car to the first man that will make a small deposit for the car, after that I will arrange all the paper work with my lawyer and if the buyer can not come to get the car I will drive with it at the buyer in two day. I have attached a scanned paper of the car so you can see some details of it and check them before you make a decizion. The final price is 25.000 Euro and I will take care of all the taxes that need to be payd. Advice me as soon as possible as I look for a fast buyer and I will sell the car soon.
Hope to get a fast reply.
Best wishes !

Well, what do you guys think??

regards,

Eric

why don't you drive/fly there to check the car out and if it is not a scam, have it checked by a Honda dealership ?

The picture looks like a pre 2002 car to me, pop up head lights. I thought 2002 and on had fixed head lights!

CWATR said:
Well, what do you guys think??

I think you already know it's a scam.

The car in those pictures is not a 2003 model and it is not in Germany. It belongs to a member here who lives in the Los Angeles, California area. All those photos are from the Los Angeles area as you can tell by the palm trees and hills. The Honda building in one of them is the American Honda office in Torrance, CA.

This seems to be a twist on scam in which the individual offers to purchase your item listed on web. Its pretty obvious that you will lose your deposit. ABSOLUTELY A SCAM.

If u are looking for a 2003 Euro model...

http://www.mobile.de/SIDcIOG9ZsB6Jl...a.pl?bereich=pkw&id=11111111143821994&top=22&

or

http://www.mobile.de/SIDcIOG9ZsB6Jl...a.pl?bereich=pkw&id=11111111116147511&top=24&

or

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detail.asp?ts=2768686&id=nehlsftvykp

The second car i have seen in person in beginning of last year. Dealer told me they ordered it for a guy who's business went bankrupt during the waiting time so he couldn't take delivery anymore... the shop owner's son is driving it sometimes.

As you can see they are asking some low/mid to high EURO 80k'ish (with today's exchange rate even the least expensive one of them is still USD 100k... !!!), but prices might be quite negotiable down to some high 70K's.
I almost placed an order for a new 2003 model last year and, without any bargaining at all, the dealer was willing to give me a "house price" of EURO 84k even when trading in all my old cars together. Waiting time would have been abt 4~5 monthes. However, I didn't do it. Not sure, it was the right decision... if just $$$'s would not be an issue...:(

rgds
andy l.

forgot to mention:
The good thing is the two red ones are all Coupes not T's; for the yellow one i am not sure, new car price and weight might suggest it being a T

Last edited:
Looks like all of you agree...Thought so myself as well: this must be a scam.
I also noticed the car being a pre-'02 model and the pics being taken somewhere sunny i.e. not the UK.

Andy: I wish I could afford such a late NSX but unfortunately it isn't so. I think I will have to go for an older car because buying a car is one thing but maintaining and driving is another. Besides I'm still waiting for those damn tech stocks to pick up again (guess I'm not alone, huh)
Also, I wouldn't mind a Targa. It would be more enjoyable on sunny days (yes we have some of those here as well). Perhaps not the best choice for on the track but, hey, how much time can we spend on the track here without going bankrupt...

Thanks all and to all NSX owners: enjoy the car you lucky ba@tards ;)

p.s. edited for sp.

I look for a fast buyer

This always cracks me up :p If you really need quick cash all you have to do is drive it today to a dealer that specializes in exotics. Even if you are desperate, you would still get paid 70-80% of wholesale value, which makes the whole idea of selling any car for "quick cash" for half it's true value a certain con :eek:

A fool and his money are....well, you know that one :D

Back