• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NSXers in Merced, CA?

I might be able to sometime in the next month or so. Everyone else has pretty tight family constraints so they're saying after the holidays.

Rick, word spreads fast when you own a nsx, lol. Apparently somehow someone that knows me spotted you cruising into town on M st and just had to tell me about it.

Sure it must be me. I was on my way to Sacramento and had to stop by to get gas in Merced.

Let me know when we could get together.

Re: Ron with Pacific Landscape

I actually learned of Ron through his detailer who knew someone who knew someone, who I knew, etc etc. Would be nice to check out his ride. His detailer said something about being his track machine even though he does occasionally take it out once in a while.
I don't know how I stumbled in here, but since I'm here, I'll tell you what I know about Ron. He and his wife Paula were hardcore track day fans. Now, they're DSR racers, so I doubt the NSX is on track anymore.

I met them probably 6 years ago at a track day in Buttonwillow. Two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. He's pretty quiet and let's his track times do the talking. Kinda like Kip Olson except without all the expensive one-off mods. His was NA with normal handling mods, so I doubt he's put an SC on it. Also incredibly busy with his business and a multitude of other hobbies. Just to illustrate how busy, he's now racing in the Cal Club at Buttonwillow instead of towing up to Thunderhill, Laguna or Infineon where the racing is better (not to mention the tracks). That can only be a convenience thing.

Anyway, if you have any reason to go by his business and shoot the shit about the NSX, tell him Ted's waiting for them to race again in the San Fran Region.

Guess I better shoot him an EM and tell him I've "exposed" him. :redface:

LoL, too cool. Would love to know more about his car though since there seems to be sounding quite legendary at this point from all the locals haha.

BTW, what is DSR?

Would love to know more about his car though since there seems to be sounding quite legendary at this point from all the locals
I haven't seen his car for years and we haven't spoken about it, so maybe he has put a SC on it. If it's indeed "legendary" amongst people who know (more than just clean) he's tastefully pimped it in other ways. But he's not a poser in any way shape or form.

DSR = D Sports Racer. A light purpose built race car generally similar to my mine except it has a full body and motorcycle engine. Those guys talk here

David,

I always travel on either M or G because I live out at the corner of Bellevue and G.

My only other option is to take Hwy 59.

M is a rough road especially with my slighly lowered X.

One of these days, perhaps we can go play pool at my house and hang out.

Rick

Yeah, the intersection of Yosemite and M is pretty rough when crossing over M. It's practically painful. Try going towards 59 on Yosemite at the R/Yosemite intersection the back end of my car always catches air at 45-50 mph lol. Pretty nuts.

How is your car lowered? I'm running Tein RE and talk about jarring the teeth out of my skull...sheesh. I'm considering going to Bilstein with stock springs and upping to even larger sway bars than what I am running now. I believe John is running Eibachs on bilsteins. He seems to like his setup.

I'm really anxious to see how much of a difference your car sounds and feels like to mine when it comes to ride comfort. So shooting some pool (which I am horrible at) and maybe throwing back a cold beer or two sounds good to me.

How old are your little ones? My only is a 2 and half year old little girl.

Hey Guys,

This is Ron with the red supercharged red NSX in Merced.
I have owned the car for about 12 years now. It is upgraded
with almost all of the Comtech goodies. There are two other
red/ivory NSX's in Merced as well. Kevin Beavers and Curt
Rigers.

On a very short notice, if any of you read this Friday 12/21/07.
I am taking my NSX and two race cars to Laguna Seca
tonight so we can test tomorrow. Both my wife and I will
running our cars tomorrow 'Saturday" and will be willing to
give any of the local Merced NSX owners high speed rides
on the track. Best thing if you are interested, call me
(209) 988-2048.

Johns Sulley. About 8 years ago you loaned me your
transponder from your Cardinal. Mine in my Mooney failed
just proir to leaving on a trip to Mexico. Thanks again, I
would have had to cancel the trip otherwise.

Ron

Glad you had time to say hi Ron :biggrin:

BTW, by pure coincidence I happen to see Curt driving his beautiful red/ivory down Olive avenue. I was in my Black/ivory and flipped a U and chased him down to say hello. Wonderful gentleman, we spoke and had coffee for a couple hours. Turns out, I've know him from church and through his son kevin for about 10 years now. He even gave me a 004 filter for my car :biggrin: How ironic since I've been thinking about my filter now for a few days. Curt has owned his for about a week now, it's a 91.

Sorry I couldn't make it to Laguna but I hear Kevin had a blast riding shotgun right before you got booted off for noise :redface:

I think we should set up a meet and drive sometime. I'd love to check out Kevin Beaver's collection of cars! :eek: Our numbers now are set at atleast 6. 4 Red/ivory, 1 white/black, 1 black ivory.

Curt is also the first and ONLY nsx I've EVER seen randomly while I was driving my own nsx since my 2 years of ownership. John was the 1st and WAS the only nsx I've ever seen in Merced and that was in my truck.

Btw, it seems half of us also have a 2 year old running havok at home, lol.

Last edited:
Hey guys, becareful with your vehicles out there. My truck just got the passenger door lock popped by what seems to be a big screw driver and a hammer. The lock dented in my door. I didn't even realize it, figured I forgot to lock my door. Didn't figure it out till I got home and tried to unlock my passenger door to get my daughter out with my key.

I was at walmart. Seems to be nothing missing. Think someone/something scared them off. Stereo is all good, and if they did take my cd case that I forgot to check for tonight, it's only got a couple burns and a couple 5 buck special dvds. Atleast they didn't get my daughter's recaro car seat. That's the most expensive thing I got in there, even more than my amps.

I'm really worried for my NSX now since a STUPID LITTLE FISHING BOAT TOOK OVER MY SPOT IN THE D@MN GARAGE.

Guess I will be sleeping with the Glock the next few nights.

David,

You better keep your X in the garage. I wouldn't keep mine anywhere else......I probably wouldn't be able to sleep.

Hey guys, becareful with your vehicles out there. My truck just got the passenger door lock popped by what seems to be a big screw driver and a hammer. The lock dented in my door. I didn't even realize it, figured I forgot to lock my door. Didn't figure it out till I got home and tried to unlock my passenger door to get my daughter out with my key.

I was at walmart. Seems to be nothing missing. Think someone/something scared them off. Stereo is all good, and if they did take my cd case that I forgot to check for tonight, it's only got a couple burns and a couple 5 buck special dvds. Atleast they didn't get my daughter's recaro car seat. That's the most expensive thing I got in there, even more than my amps.

Sorry to hear about your truck. That is one of the reasons I moved out of Merced.

Sorry to hear about your truck. That is one of the reasons I moved out of Merced.

Well one plus side, I locked my keys in my truck with my daughter inside. I tried to slim jim it and for some reason i just couldn't do it. So i grabbed a screw driver, jammed it in my passenger door lock, turned and it popped open. Wow this holiday season has been absolute cr@p for me.

Well I changed my major to Liberal Studies. I currently have 61 college credits. I've signed up for 19 more this spring. I plan for 6 more in the summer and whatever is left to transfer me the heck outta merced for the fall along with getting my AA at long last at MC. Graduate from here after taking a whooping total of atleast 105 credits. So that's my new 1 year plan.

Also on the plate is....... selling the NSX in one year. When I leave here, I'll need ever dollar I can to keep a roof over my head and be able to hit the books. So the car isn't for sale yet, but in one year she might....... more than likely....

Last edited:
I'm trying to organize a drive this weekend if some folks are interested. Hopefully my car will be operable by then. Parts are on order for mine and should be in tomorrow.

If all goes well, think 3-4 are ready to rock this weekend. No rain, partly cloudly and a lil chilly in the 50's.

Rick, John, you will be receiving PM/Email shortly. Ron and Kevin, Curt should be giving you a call. 4 red, 1 white, 1 black.

BTW, someone mentioned there is a red nsx on Olive ave just past mckee. Anyone know who that one is?

Saturday, 9:30-10:00 am rally time @ chevron Yosemite/G st.

Route will be snelling, hornitos, bear valley rd, (49) coulterville, (120) priest grade & back. I suspect the locals know the way.

If a small number shows up, and everyone is flexible, then the route or destination can gladly be changed if desired and agreed upon.

2 owners are definitely in, and a few are still up in the air.

David,
Thanks for setting things up. It was nice to meet everyone.
Later,
John

John you sure were cookin pretty darn good on the middle part of the drive. It surprised me to see you sneaking up on me on the way up the grade! Then on the way back, you were drivin' up a storm before we turned off at Coulterville.

BTW, Curt said it seemed like the rear end of my car was sliding around the corners a bit. It didn't feel that way to me, did you notice anything? Oh and that RM sounds good! I was able to hear those sweet notes when you got on it in front of me.

Glad to read that all of you that went to the drive had a great time. We Fresno guys would love to join you next time around.

How about a gathering in Fresno sometime soon? I will treat everone to a great Oriental lunch.

Please feel free to let me know when is a good time for the gathering?

Glad to read that all of you that went to the drive had a great time. We Fresno guys would love to join you next time around.

How about a gathering in Fresno sometime soon? I will treat everone to a great Oriental lunch.

Please feel free to let me know when is a good time for the gathering?

That sounds pretty good to me. The other owners seem to be very busy business owners, career men, and family men. I was the youngest with few obligations other than a heavy college load and a 2 year old daughter to take care of on my own. I'd more than likely would be able to make it, as for the others it might be a bit tough for them to arrange time to make the hour trip and back. Just thought I'd let you know a bit so you won't take offense if hardly anyone, no one is able to make it any time soon. I have a brother and nephews in fresno so I find my way down there as often as I can, along with appointments at the VA hospital. My suggestion is arrange one with your local owners and we'll see if we can make it or not. It'd be tough for anyone here to make plans when wives and children have the ability to change the husband's plans anytime they wish lol.

This was our first local "meet" as far as I know and I think a drive was a great way to kick things off. Got to learn alot about each other, our cars and each other's driving habits and styles. Would be a blast if we could someday do a track day. I would definitely love to push my car ALOT harder just to see how she'd react and do. This is why we NEED that track here! :biggrin: I hear Tulare is working on one very soon, probably complete before Merced even starts paving.

It was great to finally meet all the guys; Curt, John, and David.

Yeah, I regret having to miss the drive. It sounded like you guys had alot of fun.

Too bad the Fresno guys didn't come either...it would have been so much more fun.

John, I've ordered that front plate holder through Dali racing. Does it come with everything so that it can be mounted onto the car? Right now, I have no clips under my bumper.

Let me know.

Rick

Back