• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Ontario/GTA NSXs up to going to Woodward dream cruise Aug 15th?

I'm thinking of taking the NSX and my son to the Woodward Dream Cruise on August 15th. Anyone planning to go or want to caravan down for the day. Planning to take a leisurely drive down early morning and head back in the evening from GTA.

Post if we should setup a meet?

If you don't know what Dream Cruise is; http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

2slo -- Hi, Jeff (former Torontonian) from Detroit suburbs here. I don't want to burst your bubble but neither I nor many of my fellow NSX owners here in MI take our NSXs anywhere near Woodward Avenue on dream cruise weekend. If I recall correctly the main day is Saturday and by Saturday afternoon/evening Woodward Ave is like a parking lot -- no one is going anywhere fast. Last time I was there (couple years ago) I found the stench of exhaust nauseating but it is quite a spectacle. Honestly, IMHO not a place for an NSX.

Now, this is not to say the cruise isn't something to behold. For me, the best part is what happens starting in June -- pretty much every Saturday night there is action on Woodward. In fact, I was there couple of weeks ago and hung out for an hour and took in the scene. These pre-cruise evenings are much less crowded and I didn't feel like the NSX was at risk. I know where the foreign car "kids" hang out and I headed over there, parked and then took a seat near the street to watch the show. The kids went gaga when they saw the Red Princess make her entrance and the only worry I had parking her with all those Subies, Nissans, Hondas and Toyotas was that the kids were going to leave their saliva on the NSX after they got through kissing her -- LOL.

Again, don't want to burst your bubble. Now, if you and some of the GTA gang decide to attend please let me know and I'll round up some of the NSX gang here and we will be happy to show you around and hang out. I know Bram, Rob, Sean, Owen and a few of the other GTA members of the NSX Club of Canada who have been most hospitable to the Michigan contingent who have attended EST-FEST that past couple of years. If any of you guys/gals are in town we'll reciprocate that hospitality. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk further about this.

Best,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I was expecting Woodward Avenue to turn into a parking lot but still appreciate the input and offer to meet up. Will let you know if the drive down with NSX materializes. Worse case I'll bring the Vette down with a pair of folding chairs to park up and enjoy the madness.

We usually take a least one loop, then park somewhere and sit by the road, let the show drive by and take pics. We also usually spend some time on 9 mile looking at all the Mustangs (Laurie has a mustang, have to give her equal billing). The friday night before the cruise is fun but gets packed too, they usually shut down Woodward by 10pm then.

Back