• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Announcement for NSXPO 2014!

FYI- If anyone has money to burn and wants to rent an exotic in Ohio, try Enalux (www.enalux.com).

Unfortunately for me their website won't allow non-US residents to register. I have exchanged a couple of emails and was eventually offered a deal on a Maserati Gran Turismo for $499 a day (with mileage restrictions), which is apparently half off the regular price.

Judging by their website they appear to have many cars, but my reply requesting other options for NSXPO has been ignored. I guess they don't need the business? Not sure, but if you just gotta have a Lambo in Ohio they are the guys to see. Perhaps Americans will have better luck engaging them.

Anyway, for $499 a day I could probably just ship my car from YYC. I guess it's Hertz or similar for me!

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

On our official announcement post we did not have any Honda/Acura involvement we could speak of. Since then........

Not only did Honda/ Acura step up last year in NC now they are on board in big ways for 2014. They are becoming a major sponsor now and I am working closely with the people I need to to make this year amazing. We have some large announcements coming up today and tomorrow. Head over to nsxpo2014.com to see the latest news. You WILL NOT want to miss this year.

Brian

Hi

I'm over at nsxpo2014.com to check to see if something is going on all the time.

I noticed this on the bottom of the page

© 2023 Proudly created with Wix.com

Damn time flies when you have fun :)

Best regards

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Honda supports NSXPO 2014!!

Thanks to Ted Klaus, Chief Engineer Large Project Division American Honda, Honda and the NSXCA are joining forces!.

Brian Urlage, NSXPO 2014 Chair, reconnected with Ted Klaus ( Large Project Leader for the next NSX ). Ted was passionate about the NSX team being a part of the event and he wanted to help us make it a success. Honda is stepping up in big ways to support our group and it is greatly appreciated. Ted has organized folks from all over Marysville and Union county Ohio to rally behind us and bring us some amazing things.

Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity

A very special group of individuals will be selected for a VIP Marysville Auto Plant Tour - home of the all new 2015 Acura TLX. Details for the method of selection and the exact number admitted will be announced on Monday. You must be a paid registered attendee at the time of the announcement to be considered for the tour.

Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity - Limited Opportunity

NSXPO Social attendees will visit the hallowed grounds of Honda’s Research and Development Building in Raymond, Ohio for a special presentation by Ted and other members of his team on Saturday, October 18.

Though the next generation NSX will not be available to attendees, this presentation will be about Honda’s Research and Development.

Roger Schroer, driver of the Buckeye Bullet 3 will join us along with Girgio Rizzoni, Director, Center for Automotive Research and Professor at Ohio State University. After a group photo at the Honda R&D building attendees will traveling across the Honda R&D bridge to the Transportation Research Center (TRC) to take our cars out on the 7 ½ mile long High Speed Test Track.

You’ll get a chance to refuel at lunch and for those up are up to it, will take they can continue their adventure with a winding road tour (twisties anyone?) to explore their NSX’s abilities amidst Ohio’s gorgeous fall color.

Ted and his team will be back to join us for the Saturday evening cocktail hour and banquet where he will once again, make himself available to attendees and our questions.

Honda is also providing some very special memorabilia that has not been offered anywhere as part of Live Auction. Bring your dollars and don’t miss this opportunity to purchase NSX Prototype goodies!

In conjunction with the Marysville NSX nite as previously announced, the City Of Marysville is now making a proclamation of that day being “NSX DAY” In Marysville!

We are excited to have Honda join with the NSXCA in creating what will be an unforgettable event. We all want to express our sincere gratitude for their generosity and recognition of the NSXCA, their members and our very special cars.

We can’t wait to see you all in Ohio in October!

Brian Urlage
NSXPO Chairman

Let me be the first to say,

"Awesome"

Brian you are putting together a really awesome NSXPO. I can't wait!

Congrats to Ted Klaus for bringing Honda on board for NSXPO 2014!

Fantastic work to the whole of the xpo 14 planning group! Thanks to Ted and those at corporate who care about current owners enough to change course and support Brian and the nsxca in their efforts to entertain our members.

lol....I'd love to know what the survival rate on flat-out would be.:eek:

Regarding the Transportation Research Center (TRC) is the test drive flat out or parade style?

It will most certainly be parade style. However I am sure it will be fun.

I had some attempts at doing a top speed event at an airport but insurance was impossible along with FAA clearance being near impossible.

This is going to be epic!!! Great work to all of you that are organizing this event for us. It makes me proud to be a Buckeye. And thanks to Ted and the Honda/Acura team for honoring us in this way. I hope I'm not out of line and I don't know your arrangement with Honda/Acura, but are you going to give them some space on the home page of NSXPO14.com as a sponsor? They have definitely earned it. I'm so excited to be going to this event. Just awesome.

Great work Brian. This is going to be one hell of an event. Bring on October!!!!!!!!!!!

From another thread:

You do not want to miss what we have in store this year. We will be doing some amazing drives that will include scenic views that even Car and Driver says are some of the best in the country. Yes, fun twisty roads in Ohio will take you through the Hocking Hills state park while the leaves are changing.

I'm looking forward to my first Hocking Hills visit! Anyone recognize the crashed NSX mention in the article below?

http://www.caranddriver.com/aston-martin/vanquish

ATTENTION!

With all the late breaking news on this NSXPO We have decided to extend the Early Bird registration through September 21st. Sites and info being corrected of the change now.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Factory Tour Details

NSXPO 2014 TLX Factory Tour
The following was emailed to all NSXCA members on September 21/22 (depending on your timezone). If you did not receive it, please let me know at [email protected] so we can check the database. Once registered NSXPO attendees answer these questions we will send out another announcement that will let you know how the tour places will be assigned, when it will be done, and how you will be informed if you received a place.

We want this to be transparent and fair and are aware of everyone's excitement, ours included. We want to thank Ted Klaus, his team, and Acura/American Honda for making the Factory Tour possible along with all the other exciting events planned for NSXPO 2014.

NSXPO 2014 registration is still open!

Register before September 30 to be considered for the
Last Chance Factory Tour Random Drawing*!

nsxpo2014.com to register

Factory Tour
Acura has invited a limited number of NSXPO attendees to tour the factory for the all New 2015 TLX

2 Tours of 40 each: Wednesday 1:00 pm and Thursday 1:00 pm
Factory Tour is in Marysville, OH
74 Places to be allocated to attendees

• 67 places to those registered prior to Monday, September 15
  • 7 places by a random Last Chance Drawing
    from all remaining attendees registered before October 1, 2015
  • 6 Places for the Board of Directors, NSXPO 2014 Chairperson and the NSXPO Advisor of which 5 have been donated to the NSXPO attendees traveling from overseas including (if their tickets become available we will distribute them to the next person on the list)
  • Martin of Norway - 1 ticket
    Steven Lee of Hawaii - 1 ticket
    Scott and Dean of Australia - 2 tickets
    Jerry of Puerto Rico - 1 ticket

There are more attendees than places available so to help us please provide answers to the following questions by September 25, 2014.

There are other activities going on at the same time. All attendees will also visit Honda's Research and Development Facility on Saturday as well as the Transportation Research Test Facility. If you or your guest are not that interested in touring the factory please consider relinquishing your place for someone who is dying to go.

If you are traveling with a guest who may not know other attendees and is not a car person, they won’t be stranded if you go on the tour and they don’t. In addition to the other activities there will be other guests who will be on their own as well.

1. Do you want to attend the 1:00 pm tour on:
    Wednesday yes no
    Thursday yes no
  2. Does your guest want to attend the 1:00pm tour on:
    Wednesday yes no
    Thursday yes no

Reply before Friday, September 26, 2014!

[*]6 Places for the Board of Directors, NSXPO 2014 Chairperson and the NSXPO Advisor of which 5 have been donated to the NSXPO attendees traveling from overseas including (if their tickets become available we will distribute them to the next person on the list)

[*]Martin of Norway - 1 ticket
Steven Lee of Hawaii - 1 ticket
Scott and Dean of Australia - 2 tickets
Jerry of Puerto Rico - 1 ticket
[/LIST]

Just remember Martin that I donated my place to you so you owe me at NSXPO 2015!

Just remember Martin that I donated my place to you so you owe me at NSXPO 2015!

Hi

Hm well here is the deal. I wrote that 24/7 I had my lucky underwear on and that this was not the time to go commando hoping to be the chosen one. But then I by accident went commando and just hours later I got a email from NSXCA that I had a spot. Now you say that you are responsible and I owe you. Do you also claim responsibility for the commando bit? :)

I am sure that we will come to a understanding in 2015 :)

Best regards

Hi

Hm well here is the deal. I wrote that 24/7 I had my lucky underwear on and that this was not the time to go commando hoping to be the chosen one. But then I by accident went commando and just hours later I got a email from NSXCA that I had a spot. Now you say that you are responsible and I owe you. Do you also claim responsibility for the commando bit? :)

I am sure that we will come to a understanding in 2015 :)

Best regards

When you said you were going to go commando, I decided for the sake of the NSX community drastic action had to be taken so I decided to get married that week and give my spot on the tour to you. Nothing is more terrifying than a Norwegian commando........

Brian: Assuming chosen for Factory Tour- If we can't arrive in time for Wednesday tour, will the place go into the Thursday slot? Doesn't the Thursday tour time conflict with the group photo/parade laps & lunch at the track?

Brian: Assuming chosen for Factory Tour- If we can't arrive in time for Wednesday tour, will the place go into the Thursday slot? Doesn't the Thursday tour time conflict with the group photo/parade laps & lunch at the track?

Everything at the track will be completed no later than 12 noon. Those in the Thursday time slot will have to leave by 11:30 or so to make it.

If you see the email NSXCA sent out we would like everyone's reply on to which day is best for them. If you are chosen for Wed and are not able to make it we would ask you to let us know so we can offer it to someone else.

Oldduffer - YES IT WILL BE

Factory Tour Places

and if you are registered and didn't get the email that Brian is referring to let me know here at [email protected]. Maybe check your spam folder first.

We are doing everything we can to get as many members in as possible. There will be other activities going on at the same time as the tour since only 40 folks will be on each tour (per email referenced above). There will be a second group photo so everyone will be in at least one group photo though again, we are trying to minimize tour attendees missing anything crucial.

This NSXPO has been the most challenging to organize due to the new events that we are thrilled to be adding. Our hotel counts have increased tremendously and we're experiencing a few bumps in the road right now working with our vendors. We'll get it all worked out and appreciate everyone's patience with the process. If you are experiencing any issues with your hotel reservations, online registrations email me directly [email protected] or reach out to Brian. If you simply forgot to sign up for the track event, shame on you, but there is time to still do it. Motorsportreg.com

The event this year will all come together to be . . . as previously mentioned by another member

Epic

Since we are doing parade laps and driving on the Honda Test track............do we need to bring helmets?

Since we are doing parade laps and driving on the Honda Test track............do we need to bring helmets?

Yes, please bring helmets if you have them and they can fit in travels. There will be some available to borrow also.

Is it mandatory to get onto the track, I guess is what I should have asked..........Thanks Brian

Back