• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Going to Englishtown (NJ) this Weekend?

There's the 5th Annual NHRA SPORT COMPACT SPRINGNATIONALS going on this weekend (May 4th&5th) at Raceway Park in Jersey. Just wondering if anyone on here is gonna make it out.

I'll be there working the AEM/Specmo/Payn booth, so if you have any questions about the new AEM ECU or just want to say what's up stop by!

I'll also be at MapleGrove the following weekend doing the same song and dance again! =)

------------------
Matt Gold
[email protected]
www.Specmo.com

[This message has been edited by MattGold (edited 28 April 2002).]

Could someone run thru exactly how this works? I live in NJ, have heard about E-town and would like to try it, but dont know anything about it. Do you just show up, sign in, and wait your turn to run down the track? Or is it more formal, w/ classes and time trials and special training requirements?

And what's the level of competition - are regular ol' street cars welcome, or is it more like nitrous-burning 600 hp tuners?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Timbo:
are regular ol' street cars welcome, or is it more like nitrous-burning 600 hp tuners?

Once the NHRA takes over a series, the first thing they do is try to eliminate any classes that include street cars. This series now has only one class a street legal car could concievably compete in and if you are not close to 10 sec. flat, you are just wasting your time.

Originally posted by Timbo:
Could someone run thru exactly how this works? I live in NJ, have heard about E-town and would like to try it, but dont know anything about it. Do you just show up, sign in, and wait your turn to run down the track? Or is it more formal, w/ classes and time trials and special training requirements?

And what's the level of competition - are regular ol' street cars welcome, or is it more like nitrous-burning 600 hp tuners?

I would guess that if you're new at this, there are a lot of other events at Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (as Englishtown's drag strip is formally known) where the competition and restrictions are not as stiff as this particular event.

This article includes an incorrect website address for the track. I believe the correct URL is http://www.etownraceway.com (although the website appears to be down at the moment).

Edit: I typed in this response, then realized it was a response to our newest tag team, "Timbo and Jimbo".
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 April 2002).]

Originally posted by David:
Say hello to John Concialdi from AEM for me if he shows up. : )

No problem David! He was at WIC for the season kick off, but I don't know if he's gonna show up in NJ. I know for a fact that Kirk will be there, along with Steph...

Do you actually know Jon? If so I'll tell him you said what's up over the week, I'm sure I'll catch him on the phone...

Anyhow, Timbo:

If you wanna show up and just see what your car does, that's NO problem at all. Just show up, go thru tech, and run it. If you wanna "compete" you have to go thru 2 different techs (Old Bridge, and NHRA) get placed in a class, which *is* few and far between, then run when they call you. I believe Saturday will be time trials and Sunday will be elimination's.

I think it'll still be fun to come out and run it... and honestly, I'm pretty curious as to what "real" NSXs run in the 1320... =)

Besides, you get to come say what's up to me! (I'll have the yellow/black AEM shirt on) Although, I will probably ask to oogle over your car for a little bit...
wink.gif

------------------
Matt Gold
[email protected]

www.Specmo.com

The entry fee is $65 for whole day saturday. U should be able to get about 3-4 runs if you come early. While you there, dont forget to say "Hi" to my friend Tony with a 94 Green NSX comptech supercharged (11.87et best time) I wonder how many NSX is gonna be there?

Originally posted by MattGold:

No problem David! He was at WIC for the season kick off, but I don't know if he's gonna show up in NJ. I know for a fact that Kirk will be there, along with Steph...

Do you actually know Jon? If so I'll tell him you said what's up over the week, I'm sure I'll catch him on the phone...

He and I hae talked on te phone several times and he was a big help when I was trying to get ARP to start making stud kits for the NSX. He went through the same crap with them (ARP) when he was building motors for the A&L car. Seems like a very nice guy.

Back