• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going to Indy this weekend?

Anyone else going to Indy this weekend? We're looking for something to do Saturday night and I don't know much about the town. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to spend a Saturday night in Indianapolis?

If you are a drinker there is a section of town called broad ripple that rocks on the F1 weekend. It's about 14 bars in a 2 or 3 block span. much fun imo.....
smile.gif
I will be there with about 25 of my coworkers for the weekend if we want to all meet up. There's a link on the midwest forum too.
Aaron

I am going Thrusday night. If you want to hook up out there let me know. 443-794-3563

Rob Hunt

To all you Chicago guys, what is the best way around Chicago from the north these days? Around 6pm on Friday night.

Originally posted by gobble:
To all you Chicago guys, what is the best way around Chicago from the north these days? Around 6pm on Friday night.

I'm not from Chicago, but I can guarantee there is NO easy way around Chicago at 6PM and on Friday's it's nearly impossible.

Originally posted by gobble:
Anyone up for an NSX owner get together on Saturday night at one of the bars?
see this thread for more info --> http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000064.html

Send me an email at [email protected] to get more info on possible get-togethers.

We're driving out Friday morning, and staying all weekend. Parking at the BMW Corral -- pretty convenient.

There's an S2000 gathering Saturday that we can use as a kickoff too --> http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80571

###############

Chuck is correct about the traffic... Friday night rush hour from downtown is pretty bad. From the north side you might want to consider taking I-294 to I94, bypassing the downtown area. Though traffic on I94 can get pretty tight too (lots of semis).

Suggest you drive out after midnight, or very early morning.

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 25 September 2002).]

Coming from Milwaukee, I would suggest you stay on I-294 all the way around the city, rather than going past downtown. Neither way will be great, but this is likely to be better than taking the Edens-Kennedy-Dan Ryan-Skyway (I-94 to I-90).

After you cross the WI-IL state line, you can tune your radio to 780 WBBM, which has traffic reports "on the eights" (at :08, :18, etc after the hour). You can listen for how traffic is moving on each of the routes before choosing one. You can take I-94 if the Edens (to the junction) and Kennedy (from the junction) and outbound Ryan are moving well, otherwise stay on I-294.

I find this statement confusing:

From the north side you might want to consider taking I-294 to I94, bypassing the downtown area.

If you're bypassing the downtown area, you're staying on I-294. And it doesn't make any sense at all to take I-294 to I-94 unless you're going to Michigan...
confused.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 25 September 2002).]

Thanks for the traffic info. I know this isn't really the right forum.

Last year we drove down Thursday night around 11:00 and got stock in Chicago traffic for 3 hours. 6 lanes were merged down to 1! when you got downtown under what looked like a tunnel. There was also a construction mess on the Indiana side. Hope to avoid some of that this year.

Back