• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going to Hot Import Nights ?

6/29/2002 -- 5pm to Midnight

McCormick Place Convention
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616

Some pix of an NSX at last year's show:

fd96d402.jpg

fdadebea.jpg

fdadec25.jpg

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 01 July 2002).]

Originally posted by cojones:
Some pix of an NSX at last year's show

An NSX? Isn't that yours, Manuel? (The car, not the girl.)
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 June 2002).]

Myself and about 10 other people from the Tirerack will be there. We should get a group together for cocktails beforehand????
Aaron

Originally posted by O-Ace:
I'll actually be showing at HIN
smile.gif
Cool... anyone showing NSXs this year?
There was only one last year
frown.gif
-- yes Ken, guilty as charged.

As for the girl, there are some things that we don't disclose, even on Forums like this. Call it "professional courtesy".
biggrin.gif

Event flyer for this year
item_5_21_2002_6154210467.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 25 June 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Showing your Corvette? I thought Hot Import Nights was for, well, imports...
confused.gif
I spoke with Myles, the guy in charge of car registration and he said they'd like mroe variety in cars, i.e. not just imports, so he actually wanted me to enter my car. Ryan from Import Expo also wanted me to enter but my car won't be ready by this Saturday.

Originally posted by O-Ace:
I spoke with Myles, the guy in charge of car registration and he said they'd like mroe variety in cars, i.e. not just imports, so he actually wanted me to enter my car.
Most cars last year were imports, including a few European cars.

There ARE several domestic cars that are pretty popular in the Import scene: Dodge Neon and Stealth (3000GT) and the DSM cars (Eclipse/Talon/Laser).

Originally posted by cojones:
There ARE several domestic cars that are pretty popular in the Import scene: Dodge Neon and Stealth (3000GT) and the DSM cars (Eclipse/Talon/Laser).

The Dodge Stealth was built in Japan.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
The Dodge Stealth was built in Japan.
Yep...

And Accords in Ohio and Camrys in Kentucky. baby Benzes in Brazil, ML SUVs in Alabama. Bimmers in SC. old Beetles in Mexico. Some Porsche Boxsters are not made in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen - some are made in Finland by Valmet, the same folks that make Saabs.

The general image of "country of origin" for a marque is often independent of where the cars are actually made.
- "Dodge" - American marque
- "Toyota" - Japanese marque

"import" can be a confusing concept, no ?
biggrin.gif

I'll be there with some friends. Hope to see some NSX's there. I'm driving mine to the show (not entering it though).

------------------
Carpe Diem! Get out there and DRIVE YOUR NSX! It won't do you any good when you're gone.

Manuel,

I hear we might have a nice display of four silver NSXs this year... (hint hint). Just waiting to hear details to decide if it's a go.

Kenric

Originally posted by Ag NSX:
I hear we might have a nice display of four silver NSXs this year... (hint hint). Just waiting to hear details to decide if it's a go.
If we can get a nice grouping (I think O-Ace is showing his Silver C5), we can maybe protect our cars a bit better.

I haven't heard back from the HIN folks (Myles or Mike S's brother) yet.

If there's space to squeeze in more, I might know of other Ag NSXs we can find
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsx1164:
Originally posted by Ag NSX:
If there's space to squeeze in more, I might know of other Ag NSXs we can find
biggrin.gif

Email me at [email protected]
I have an extra spot if you know of an NSX that's willing to show.

------------------

2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

Big show this year. Just got back from setup/prep.

Several cool cars there, including:
- a LOT of BMW cars (from Team DTM-Power, with Awais)
- at least 1 other NSX: red/black coupe from OH (Brian U)
- at least 1 Skyline GTR

Aaron, Mitch, Kenric, others -- we're parked at the Deception Motorsports booth.

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 29 June 2002).]

nsx1164,

If your avatar is a picture of your NSX, I have been looking forever in getting that rear spoiler that you have there. What type is it and where exactly did you get it? Im thinking of sticking some aero effects on my NSX, but I been looking for a good rear spoiler.

Back