Anyone know a good mechanic in MD?

I'm looking for a good mechanic somewhere around Columbia, Maryland to help figure out why my car seems to idle rough. Anyone know of someone good?

Thanks.

Look in the current issue of NSX Driver the NSXCA magazine.
There is a excellent article by VP Larry Bastanza on "Cleaning your Throttle Body" a fairly easy do it yourself. A dirty throttle body very likely is your problem and easy to clean with the help of this clear step by step outline that includes photos. My idle was a little rough and cleared right up after a good cleaning. Thanks Larry!

You are a member of the NSXCA aren't you?

Go see Brandon at tischer acura !!! He's the service manager for them, an NSX ethusiast and owner himself...and many owners including myself get maintanance and modifications done there....very fair prices too! :)

Forgot the number off the top of my head but it's Tischer Acura in Laruel MD...right down the road from you in columbia*** <10mins.

I've taken mine to Tischer Acura twice since purchase for misc. purposes (it's there today to convert A/C to new coolant and manual transmission fluid replacement). I've even taken Acura OE parts I bought over the web and they had no issues installing them. I heard Jim Allan is one of their top Acura service tech. and requested that he only perform the work on my car. No issues so far and very pleased with everything. PM'd you more info as well.

I remember your car...................I parked it because I do not let the lot attendants park NSXs. I think we inspected your car not to long ago, correct ?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, but i'd be kinda skeptical about Asian Imports, on another honda forum a person posted that they took there car (towed in) there to have some type of Timing Belt Maintainence and supplied there own parts (OEM Acura Parts)and Asian imports swapped the parts for Napa or off brand name parts and kept his. The owner found this out when fixing another repair...... :confused:

He also observed how they run the living crap outta the customers cars....I wouldn't trust people like that on my ride.

Thats very shady in my opinion and I wouldnt think that you NSX owners would wanna deal with that considering how pricey of a car the nsx is or can be. Just trying to save some peps of the agony.

-jg

NSXTASY_MD said:
Go see Brandon at tischer acura !!! He's the service manager for them, an NSX ethusiast and owner himself...and many owners including myself get maintanance and modifications done there....very fair prices too! :)

Forgot the number off the top of my head but it's Tischer Acura in Laruel MD...right down the road from you in columbia*** <10mins.

great guy. He's never serviced my NSX but I did buy his Integra GSR and it was the cleanest 5 yr old car I ever set my sights on. Maintained to the highest standards!

lutera said:
I've taken mine to Tischer Acura twice since purchase for misc. purposes (it's there today to convert A/C to new coolant and manual transmission fluid replacement). I've even taken Acura OE parts I bought over the web and they had no issues installing them. I heard Jim Allan is one of their top Acura service tech. and requested that he only perform the work on my car. No issues so far and very pleased with everything. PM'd you more info as well.

Im using Tischer to install my CT S/C :biggrin:

Bridgewater Acura (Mike) I am green with envy - you bought the CT supercharger and are having it installed! I hope they take some great pictures of the entire procedure and I can't wait to read about the results. Congratulations on the goodwill on that other thing by the way.....
Michael

Cairo94507 said:
Bridgewater Acura (Mike) I am green with envy - you bought the CT supercharger and are having it installed! I hope they take some great pictures of the entire procedure and I can't wait to read about the results. Congratulations on the goodwill on that other thing by the way.....
Michael[/QUOTE

I will take some pics during the install so Mike can post them.

Brandon

brandonson said:
Cairo94507 said:
Michael[/QUOTE

I will take some pics during the install so Mike can post them.

Brandon

Brandon,

Great talking to you. I already left Nate and Shad voice mails and im way to psyched up. I cant believe this is actually happening. Im tired of driving "fast pr quick" cars. Being a sales manager at ACURA I can drive what ever I want. Ive rocked E46 M3, 996 911 Cabs, EVO's, STI's and sorts of crazy shit but I want something stupid FAST. Something thats ready to throw down at all time and can handle a 1/4 track. I always laughed at the guys who say, "when I was your age I had a 19___ ____... (you fill in the blank) and Im tired of it. When Im 40 Ill lead them to my garage and say "this is what I had when I was 25!". Im rambling and have a couple of brews in me so continue on with your evening. Sorry :wink:

Back