• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone up for a drive and lunch?

i might be up for the drive. :biggrin: just hope i dont get stuck in traffic.

I driving down from SF around 8:10 ish...any one want to caravan?

I live in the Richmond DIstrict..and will take 19th Ave to 280 over to 380 and 101............

415-513-9494

Dan

I driving down from SF around 8:10 ish...any one want to caravan?

I live in the Richmond DIstrict..and will take 19th Ave to 280 over to 380 and 101............

415-513-9494

Dan

Hay Dan.

Problem is that I am not going on the drive. I live in Pacific Heights. I am on Sacramento Street between Gough and Octavia. So I take Gough to Fell then Octavia which turns into the 101.

It's about a 45 minute drive for me. I wanted to arrive around 8:30 a.m. to meet some of the guys that are or are not going on the drive. That means I have to leave around 7:45 a.m.

Hope to meet you there. If you're not going on the drive, we could go back together.

Doug

HAY! I might walk across the street and have some Sweetish meat balls at IKEA after James buys us breakfast.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
May I suggest that this whole thing was an idea that James had and the least he could do would be buy everyone breakfast.:biggrin::biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing you guys Sunday morning.

Doug

HAY! I might walk across the street and have some Sweetish meat balls at IKEA after James buys us breakfast.:rolleyes:

Well, depending on how early I wake up, I might show up with Krispy Kreme donuts if I have enough time before to still make it to the meeting place on time.:biggrin:

J

There's going to be a slight change to the route. I drove the route again earlier today and Pescadero Creek Rd. has a bunch of loose gravel near Hwy 1. I was in my DD but if I were in the NSX I would have made a U-turn. If there were a car in front of me I would have made a U-turn. Definite paint chips if there's a car in front of you.

So we'll discuss before we start out, but our choices will be to head North a little more on 1 than we thought and take 84 to the same finish point or head back south on 1 and take a reverse route to the same finish point.

I'll see you all there tomorrow morning.

J

Well, depending on how early I wake up, I might show up with Krispy Kreme donuts if I have enough time before to still make it to the meeting place on time.:biggrin:

J

You're too funny. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow.

Ben come in your supra

Supra needs a new clutch, so I'll bring it if I decide not to go on the drive.
Silverstone just got some detailing work done, and detailer said not to have it in the sun for a few days. So, if I go on the drive, I'll roll the Brooklands. :tongue:

Pics from Today, sorry I took more of the GT-R than NSX's

Attachments

• P1010011-1.jpg
    P1010011-1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010019-1.jpg
    P1010019-1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010021-1.jpg
    P1010021-1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 49
  • P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 62
  • P1010015-1.jpg
    P1010015-1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010017-1.jpg
    P1010017-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 47
a few more........

Nice to have met evryone...I'm going to have to get a GT-R folks...

Attachments

• P1010012-1.jpg
    P1010012-1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010016-1.jpg
    P1010016-1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010020-1.jpg
    P1010020-1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks James for putting this together. Thanks Jack and Yolanda for your input as well.

I have always thought one of the best things about having an NSX is being able to meet other owners. It was great to see you guys again and also to meet some new owners.

Hope you guys had a great drive today. Looking forward to seeing more photos and meeting again in the very near future.

Doug

James, I am still going to pay for those damn donuts!:biggrin:

Big thanks to James for setting this up. Great fun seeing everyone! And great cars y'all have!

(Well, except for that big clunky gray one -- j/k wotta beast :)! )

Sorry about that, Danny. I should have called you directly but I (incorrectly) assumed you saw the thread. That's my bad.

As for the drive, the first half was really cool. I noticed that the first few up front tended to put a pretty good gap between us and the rest of the group but with each stop we got better and better at getting the faster guys into the front group. The second half, on the other hand, was not as fun. For about 10 miles of really nice mountain roads we had two mini-SUVs and three motorcycles that were holding us up to less than speed limit. I honked, I flashed my lights, I drove with my high beams on... but they just wouldn't get out of the way. Oh, check that... they got out of the way about a half-mile from Sky Londa. Aaargh!

Lunch at our break was cool, and everywhere we stopped guess what? Nobody even noticed our cars. There was this big gray beast that was with us that got *all* the attention. That GT-R had an amazing sound! And nasty-fast, too.

I'm already looking forward to the next drive, whenever that might be.

J

James, props for setting up the drive. Things outside of our control aside (damn SUV drivers who can't take a hint), the event was awesome, with great turn-out. It was nice meeting new members, and catching up w/ old ones.

James, thanks for putting the meet & drive together... and everyone else who showed up. But next time, no more GTR's... just kidding... :D What an awesome car...

James, thanks for putting the meet & drive together... and everyone else who showed up. But next time, no more GTR's... just kidding... :D What an awesome car...

Hahahaha... yeah, I know! Who invited that guy?!!! I've never felt so ignored while driving my NSX!

Still, I'm looking forward to the next drive that Roy will take with us :tongue:

Story: when we pulled up at Sky Londa, a fellow car guy walked up to me and said "what, is this an NSX day?" I told him yeah, we were just out for a drive... and he kinda cuts me off and says "is that GT-R with you guys?" That pretty much ended the NSX content with that guy and the rest was all GT-R... :biggrin:

J

Hahahaha... yeah, I know! Who invited that guy?!!! I've never felt so ignored while driving my NSX!

Still, I'm looking forward to the next drive that Roy will take with us :tongue:

Story: when we pulled up at Sky Londa, a fellow car guy walked up to me and said "what, is this an NSX day?" I told him yeah, we were just out for a drive... and he kinda cuts me off and says "is that GT-R with you guys?" That pretty much ended the NSX content with that guy and the rest was all GT-R... :biggrin:

J

Another Story: when we were parked at the restaurant in Davenport, the guy with the small shop at the rear of the parking lot asked me if our cars got lots of chicks. :D

Another story -- someone was too busy looking at a freakin' train and almost took out a whole line of NSXen.

OK, it was me :redface:

Thank Sochiro for ABS!!!

I really enjoyed it,drive was good car really handle good with nsx-r chasis bar.
Great group of people and weather was good,james you did hell of a job in front .

Mohammed

I really enjoyed it,drive was good car really handle good with nsx-r chasis bar.
Great group of people and weather was good,james you did hell of a job in front .

Mohammed

:biggrin:thanks!:biggrin:

J

Back