• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with Bilsteins & Eibachs?

its too low, unless you put the eibach's on the upper perch; if you put eibach on the lower perch, the car will scrape everywhere, and will be too low to put on a standard two post lift. If you put them on upper perch, its just like OEM, the bilstein damper is designed as a replacement for OEM.

I had bilsteins with eibach springs on the upper perch, and the biggest difference I noticed was how bad my OEM shocks were, after 85k miles.

Yep, Eibachs on the lower perch are terrible. I tried it and after two days of scrapping the frame of the car on every speed bump I was done. Having them on the higher perch setting is much better, but your clearance is definitely less than OEM. If you have WW sideskirts you have difficult getting a jack under the car.

Does anyone happen to know the height difference between the lower and upper perches? Thx.

It's about 7/8 of an inch. Upper perch is stock height, lower perch is lowered 7/8". So, if you have Eibachs, which lower the car 1.25 inches, plus you use the lower perch, you will be riding as low as 2-2.25 inches lower.

Btw, I run Bilstein/Eibachs on a custom coilover perch. No problems here. Slammed, and rides great!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

So... with Eibachs and Bilsteins on the upper perch, the drop should simply be the drop range of the Eibachs alone (1" to around 1.25").

Is this what most of you Bilstein/Eibach owners are running? Because I'm actually running this set-up on the lower perch, without any problems. It's low, but in looking at it this weekend I was actually thinking a bit higher might be a good idea. A rise of an inch wouldn't be excessive, and would obviously provide for better alignment.

It's about 7/8 of an inch. Upper perch is stock height, lower perch is lowered 7/8". So, if you have Eibachs, which lower the car 1.25 inches, plus you use the lower perch, you will be riding as low as 2-2.25 inches lower.

Btw, I run Bilstein/Eibachs on a custom coilover perch. No problems here. Slammed, and rides great!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

You are welcome.

So... with Eibachs and Bilsteins on the upper perch, the drop should simply be the drop range of the Eibachs alone (1" to around 1.25").

That is correct, but I would say pretty much 1.25 inches vs an inch.

Is this what most of you Bilstein/Eibach owners are running? Because I'm actually running this set-up on the lower perch, without any problems. It's low, but in looking at it this weekend I was actually thinking a bit higher might be a good idea. A rise of an inch wouldn't be excessive, and would obviously provide for better alignment.

I am running a custom set up, but I prefer the lowered look. At this point, using your Eibachs/Bilsteins, you can move up the the upper perch(1.25 inch drop). Other option, lower perch with OEM springs(7/8 inch drop) and sell your Eibach's and recoup a little bit of money.

Last edited:
What no pics?

Here is mine with Eibachs and Bilsteins......came like that from the previous PO so I dont know if tis upper or lower perch.....

IMG_1942trimmed.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

Here is mine, has Eibach Suspension on it also but unsure of settings, do know it is lower than the normal factory settings, and it doesn't scrape on speedbumps etc.

canon01044jc0.jpg

Here is another look at it!

canon01040op7.jpg

The Bilsteins instructions mention that you should not use the lower perch with lowering springs. Why? No fun driving on the bump stops!

anyone got a pic of the lower and upper perch..........just wondering what it looks like so I can confirm I am on the upper perch.......

Hi Z,
The difference between the high and low perch is actually 3/4 of an inch.
Steve

anyone got a pic of the lower and upper perch..........just wondering what it looks like so I can confirm I am on the upper perch.......
Your car is on the high perch. The Bilsteins at low perch are only meant to be giving a small drop with stock springs. This is the set up I use to preserve a supple ride. Eibach is to lower the car 1.2 inches with shocks at stock height which is the high perch on Bilsteins.
Here is a pic of my car on Bilstein low perch and stock springs.
Steve
AAA.jpg

Last edited:
Back