• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone with HRE 540 series

Just looking for MEANINGFUL input from those NSX owners who own or have experience with HRE wheels and specifically the 540 series. What guided your choice for them? Have you had any problems or regrets with them? Which model and finish did you go with and why? Where did you get them and how much did they set you back?
Thanks in advance for the input!

i currently have HRE 542's on my 2002 nsx, and am waiting for a set of 540's that should arrive any day.

the 542's are 18 in front and rear and have a brushed aluminum center section clear coated with a high polish lip, they look fantastic but i would never go with an 18in front again, WAY TOO MUCH pothole damage.

the 540's i have coming are custom painted center section in spa pearl yellow with high polished lip, they are 17 inch front and rear as close to stock sizes as possible, i am betting that will eliminated my pothole problems, since i will be going with a 40 profile S03 instead of the 18 in 35 series (not enough tire to protect the wheel)

HRE as a company has been very helpful and always responded extremely quickly to my repair requests, they are great over there, and the wheels themselves are fantastic quality and fantastic looking.

As for where i purchased the wheels, the 542's came from alex @ ACR motorsports and the 540's are coming form ben @ wheelsboutique.com. Both buying experiences were good but i received a fantastic deal from Ben at wheelsboutique along with fantastic customer service. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or if i can be of any assistance.

I had 17/18 540's in a polished finish. One of the highest quality wheels out there. My only complaint with the 17" wheel is that face (center section) looked too small, almost looks like it belongs on a 16" wheel. The 18" front looks much better--of course with the compromise of performance. I have 18/19's now. Get their laser etched caps too.

This is another person's car with HRE 540 in 18/19. I went with a different brand wheel this time. I believe HRE's now make a 540R which have an even larger front face.

Attachments

• hre540-1819.jpg
    hre540-1819.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 305
Back