• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

attention

a lot
smile.gif

Originally posted by ladman:
Just curious how much attention the NSX still receives from others.

Recently, I was traveling south on I-680 and had a group of people in a car taking pictures of my black 92 NSX and giving me the the thumbs up while we were traveling at 70MPH. When I got to my destination , I had to check and see if ther wasn't the automotive equivalent of TP on the shoe just to make sure it was the beauty of my car they were really taking pictures of.On another occasion I had a group of people ask questions about my car such as what year Ferrari was it? Got a kick out of that one!

People come up to me all the time and ask me who makes that car and is it a new model. When I tell them the design is 10 years old, they tell me it's the first one they have seen. Big plus in my book!!!!!! Take that Vette lovers!!! (just joking) I got the Ferrari thing once also.

The NSX gets sooo much attention that you pretty much get used to it and expect to get it when you drive the car.

I have had people at gas stations ask me if it was a Ferrari...and I know several of my friends get that same question all the time.

Also, while at the local Acura dealership, some young kid who had a supercharged Integra asked me if he could take pictures of my car. When I said yes, he *ran* back to his car to get his camera... delighted at the opportunity to take pictures of an NSX (and probably boast to his friends later that he saw an NSX...)

Oh, and don't forget the time when two hotties at the local motorcycle shop said "very nice... I like the red one" to my friends and I when we pulled up in three NSXs (I had the red one...=)

Need more stories ?

I guy in a Ferrari 308 gave me a thumbs up the other day.

Jim
-------------------------
'94 Blk/Blk Auto, 1 of 12

The NSX is a beautiful car. I still feel that "wow" feeling when I see a valet driving my baby back to me. Here are some incidents:

I had some guy high beam me like mad until I looked over - he gave me a big thumbs up.

I was making a right once when all six people at the bus stop stood up *slowly* to look at the car.

I've had people on many many occassions, looking at the car when I came back out of a store. Sometimes I feel obligated to talk about the car - this can be annoying if I'm in a hurry.

I had a group of young (high school?) girls yell at me and wave as they passed.

A BMW 850 gave me a thumbs up the other day.

I valeted the car this weekend and the manager of the valet parked the car himself and told me that mine was the nicest car of the night.

I had a school kid give me a big thumbs up from the back of a school bus.

People are shocked to learn that the car is a 92 and most people say "nice Acura" becuase they see the emblem but they have no idea what the hell an NSX is.

Too many stares and smiles to count!

those are fikse's arent they? i used to have some of those on my bimmer.. expensive but light as hell

Yes, the rims are made by Fikse. The fronts are 17X8 and rears are 18X10. They were a little expensive, ok a lot, but the money spent was so worth it. I struggled with the purchase for months, as this was a lot of money for four shinny round rims. However the second they mounted them, I totally forgot about the $$$ (I still think about it from time to time. ha, ha) The set cost me around $3400 w/tax and shipping. I found a guy, after I placed my order of course, that would ship them to my door for around $3140. I had to eat the difference on this deal.

As for weight, the fronts came in around 17.75 lbs and the rear around 19.50 lbs each. The rims, along with the H&R springs, have totally and completely changed this car into a super exotic IMO. These rims give me more looks then I could have ever imagined.

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from fellow NSX'ers.

James

I'm running 295/35's in the back and 235/40's in the front. They are Bridgestone Pole Positions.

Yes, they rub front and rear. They were not my initial tire of size, but I got such a good deal on them that I could not pass it up. They rub in the front on full lock sometimes. I think it's hitting the plastic liner on the inside. It is very minimal and doesn't bother me at all (I'm very critical of things also) The rears rub on the inside. I jacked the car up over the weekend while changing my oil and I could see where the undercoating was being rubbed off. A few people in my car club told me that they experienced the same problem with other tire/rim combinations. They told me that a few hits with a rubber coated hammer solved the problem. It only rubs on big dips with a full tank of gas. I'm just going to wait till the backs wear out and get a set of 285/35's to fix the problem. The fronts are going to stay the same cause they look much meatier than the 215/40's most people are running. 215's are too small with 285 or 295 out back.

The looks soooooooooooooooooo out weigh the little bit of rubbing, that I don't care at all!! I don't track the car so I don't know how hard cornering will come into play. I think if you were to stay with 285's the rubbing would not be an issue in the rear. Like I said I couldn't pass up the deal on the tires.

In one week my car went from looking like ever other red/tan NSX to my own personal space ship. The H&R springs plus the rims/tires turned it into a real looker. My buddies stock 96 993 looks like a VW Bug next to it now. Can you say, Plain Jane!
www.intersportperformance.com is the site that quoted me the best price on the rims. They take about 3 weeks to make and 1 week to ship from Seattle to South Florida. Longest month in my life! ha, ha

James

Back