• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Audi Experience at Infineon

Is anyone here going or has gone? I met a fellow NSXer today, but I don't believe he's on NSXprime.

Otto
infineon.JPG

Otto,

I went to the one in Sept., awesome event and great fun! did you get to sit in on the R8? how long is this one going on? I may want to go again.

Otto,

I went to the one in Sept., awesome event and great fun! did you get to sit in on the R8? how long is this one going on? I may want to go again.

Shane,

It goes until Dec 3rd, but everything is booked up. They really tried to squeeze in everyone. The instructor mentioned that instead of run groups of 8 people (two per car) there were 12 today so if you feel short changed on lap time it's not your imagination. :(

I didn't get a chance to ride in the R8 or sit in it. For some reason I just didn't seem too excited about it. I guess I was more interested in the cars with back seats for my kids than looking at something to replace the NSX. :tongue:

The S5 is pretty damn nice, but getting back into the NSX for the long drive home just felt soooo right.

Otto

Shane,

It goes until Dec 3rd, but everything is booked up. They really tried to squeeze in everyone. The instructor mentioned that instead of run groups of 8 people (two per car) there were 12 today so if you feel short changed on lap time it's not your imagination. :(

I didn't get a chance to ride in the R8 or sit in it. For some reason I just didn't seem too excited about it. I guess I was more interested in the cars with back seats for my kids than looking at something to replace the NSX. :tongue:

The S5 is pretty damn nice, but getting back into the NSX for the long drive home just felt soooo right.

Otto

Which time slot did you go? Last time I went, they seem to have some open spots for Walk-Ins. It was 2 per car track time.

I am not wild about Audis either, nice cars but seem too tame with all the factory gadgets and the engine placement - way up front.

That being said, the R8 seems like a natural evolution of the NSX - every upgrade you wish the nsx should make, it's in there. Ironic that Audi has picked up where Honda has left off. Kind of sweet/bitter to see at the same time, for me at least.

The S5 is pretty damn nice

+1.
I really like the S5 and the well loaded price isn't too bad either. I was hot on the trail of getting one, but decided to do other things, and now you sparked that flame again.

Last edited:
Hey Fellas,
I went to that event back in Sept. and had alot of fun. Since I have driven Infineon quite a few times, the instructor had me follow him in the RS4 while I was driving the TT. We picked up the pace pretty good and afterwards, he rewarded me with a hot lap with a pro driver in the R8. I was given a 2 lap thrill ride that was AWESOME to say the least. Drifting through some of those turns with an all wheel drive was something I did not expect. The R8 is the real deal.

I was also signed up for today for my wife and I to go but one thing led to another and we decided we didn't have enough time. I also heard that they stopped giving hot laps in the R8. At least that is what my friend told me when he went this past Friday. :frown:

Back