• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Austin: "Austin Italian Festival" (August 23rd, '09 @ 4 - 9 pm)...

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
"Austin Italian Festival" (August 23rd, '09 @ 4-9 pm)...

Details linkie: Austin Italian Festival

Reference:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]EVENT NAME: 6th LA PIAZZA ITALIANA
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WHAT: ITALIAN FESTIVAL IN AUSTIN, TX[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]WHEN: Sunday, 23 August 2009[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]TIME: 4pm - 9pm
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PROGRAM: [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Italian Square Festival[/FONT]
WHERE: Laguna Gloria - W. 35 Street
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FUNDRAISER: Austin Museum of Art (AMOA) [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2009 PROMOTIONAL AD: Italian Festival Ad

Join us, with your Family and Friends
for lots of Fun and Entertainment!
FERRARI Car Show, Moto Guzzi,
Aprilia & Ducati scooters, Vespa,
Art & Crafts, Portraits, Italian Fashion,
Italian Food, Gelato, Espresso, Wine,
Live Music, Face Painting, Beer,
Jewelry, Bocce Games, T-shirts,
Mediterranean Belly Dance,
Balloon Twister & Clowns,
and much more!

$ 10.00 adults; Free for kids under 12 years old

- Austin Museum of Art FundRaiser -
Come out, have fun, and support AMOA!!

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2007 PROGRAM: [/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Italian Square Festival[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Sounds like a good time w/ good eatz. If anyone's interested in doing a group-drive down, let's setup a central meeting-spot (ie. Kerbey Lane Northwest (183 N) or somewhere else). I'll find more details about the event & venue, and then I'll post them on here so stay tuned-in!

Planning on attending:

1. Osiris_x11

Last edited:
come & see the nice cars...

I was at the festa last year, I highly recommend it. Parking at Laguna Gloria is a bit of a hassle.

Miner
Thanks for the insight, I'll look into what parking accommodations are provided this year and/or other nearby & convenient areas.

From what I've read & heard, I believe there will be quite a smörgåsbord of Italian autos from over the years, ranging from vintage models to late-model exotics (Ferrari, Lamborghini) as well as more pedestrian & common yet interesting marques (ie. Fiat, Alfa, Maserati, Lancia). Should be a good time. . .

Last edited:
I might be able to go! That sounds like a great time. Let me see what kind of interest I can get from the guys down here.

thanks
Blaine

Re: come & see the nice cars...

Thanks for the insight, I'll look into what parking accommodations are provided this year and/or other nearby & convenient areas.

From what I've read & heard, I believe there will be quite a smörgåsbord of Italian autos from over the years, ranging from vintage models to late-model exotics (Ferrari, Lamborghini) as well as more pedestrian & common yet interesting marques (ie. Fiat, Alfa, Maserati, Lancia). Should be a good time. . .

Last year there was quiet a collection of Ferraris, some vintage 308s to a 360 and a couple Maranellos and some 456s. Also some nice Vespas, Aprilia and Ducati motor bikes. The food is good and very entertaining.

Are you going for sure Omar??

so far so good...

Last year there was quiet a collection of Ferraris, some vintage 308s to a 360 and a couple Maranellos and some 456s. Also some nice Vespas, Aprilia and Ducati motor bikes. The food is good and very entertaining.
Good to know, especially the food part! :D

Short-list of those who will "show" their vehicles as-per another forum (there will obviously be many other makes/models):

456 or Testarossa
360 coupe
Lamborghini Gallardo
Testarossa
355 spider
360 coupe
308 GTS
Testarossa
308 or 348
612 Scaglietti
Lamborghini Countach
430 coupe
360 Spider
355 coupe
308 GTS
355 GTB
550 Maranello
F355 Spider

sounds like fun, but I don't think someone as young as I should attend this ;)
It's not an NSX gathering, nor a car gathering for that matter. It's more-so a fair or festival w/ an Italian theme (w/ a nominal admission/entrance charge, allocated as a donation towards the museum). Think of it as a fair/picnic vibe. Not to mention that it's Austin afterall, just about every other 18+ year old has a ~$40k+ vehicle. . .

Stop by for some fun, good eatz, and engaging convo' w/ like-minded folk. However, for NSX-centric activity, wait for TxChopperGuy to do his "NSX Craze" weekender this fall, or the monthly Hill Country Drives events in/around Central Texas.

Are you going for sure...
Damn str8, hombre! I'll be there w/ others. By sometime (late) Saturday, I'll post an update here regarding a meeting spot / time for those who want to head down together. Still waiting to hear back from others, as well as assess parking logistics if some of us come down en'masse. Might be better to just all rendezvous at the actual destination.

Last edited:
Back