• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Australian NSXs'

Just back a few days ago from a family visit to Australia over the holidays.

Although I did not see any NSX's on the road, I did notice three advertised for sale in the Feb. 2003 issue of their "Auto Trader" type magazine.

The cars and prices were as follows:

1992: Auto, 110,000km,
$82,950 (pp)

1994: 5-spd, 88,000 km
$87,000 (pp)

1994: 5-spd, (km not listed)
$69,900 (dlr)

At this time, the Australian dollar is
roughly .58 US . . . so you can do the math.

Thought a few of you might find it interesting to see NSX's for sale in a different market.

Since i'm the only Australian on this board (it feels like), thanx WA-NSX... that's interesting stuff.

which city did u visit? (I'm in Melbourne)

Those prices seem slightly high; i've seen NSX's in a Honda dealership yard for ~$80,000 when the Aussie dollar was below US$.50 ... if these are from Sydney, that explains everything.

------------------
NeoNSX
Trinity: "What do we need?"
NeoNSX : "an NSX... lots of NSX's..."

NeoNSX,
Do you know how many NSX's there are in all of Australia?
And if all of them are officially sold to Honda Australia or if some of them have been imported later.
Where I come from there are about 15-20 in all of the Netherlands and many of them have been imported later, mostly from Germany or Italy.

MvM: No... i have wondered that myself. i don't know who would. Even if Honda knew, at least two NSX's i know of were imported from Japan by the owner. So Honda's figures would be inaccurate.

i have officially seen seven NSX's in Australia (1 black, others were red+black) and i have memorized their rego plates too.
smile.gif

My uncle at the Gold Coast has a '91 Red/Black Manual, Reg. NSX68
smile.gif

It's got nearly 200k km on it now, daily driven...

I'm still chasing my dream of NSX ownership, currently have a 2000 Integra Type R, Black/Black.
smile.gif

2000 blk/blk integra is nice.

keep chasing the NSX dream, coz i am too.

Actually today i had a tradesman come around and he saw my NSX wallpaper (of Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT>'s wheels) ...and he i knew it was an NSX (shock!!!)

Apparently he has a mate with a red/blk NSX. Asked him what year... it's '94! I was shocked again! i've only encountered '91-'93's here in Melbourne.

was on the gold coast last year... keep my eyes out for an NSX, but was disappointed... didn't even spot an S2000!
frown.gif

Does the price in Australia include all taxes? In Canada we have to add 7-14 or more percent taxes depending on the Province but in England the price includes the VAT.
Iether way, cars are expensive in Australia.,

Hi, NeoNSX. I loved visiting your city of Melbourne a few years ago . . . but when I came out of a restaurant after a nice Italian meal, my rental car had been stolen! I couldn't figure out why they couldn't finbd it -- after all, it's only an island!

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
Does the price in Australia include all taxes?

Yes, that price includes tax.

Leeps: sorry to hear about your rental car...
frown.gif
but at least it wasn't ur nsx?
smile.gif

------------------
NeoNSX

A good mate of mine (we have lots of 'mates' in Australia) got this new job, and his boss just sold a '00/01 (he's not 100% sure) here in Australia for AUS$125,000 ... which at the moment works out to about US$74,000. How does that sound to you guyz?

not sure about mileage, but apparently it wasn't high and the car was kept in good condition.

------------------
NeoNSX

I know its an old post...
but I'm in the market for a 94-95 NSX here in Sydney Australia..

4 available at the moment...
95 162,000KM Red Auto though A$65,000
94 66K KM Green manual $69K I dont like green..
91 48K Black auto $78K rip off Rick Damelian
00 25K Silver manual $136K.. way out of my price range..

any Australian NSX owners ?? only 131 in OZ..

I currently own a Euro M3 Convertible anniverssary edition number 67/70.

Nico

G'day NSXBOX... :D

You should also consider looking at interstate markets; NSX's outside of Sydney are cheaper (that's what i found when i researched it)

It helps if you decide what you'd prefer in terms of color and transmission.

Me, I want red & manual... so i wouldn't buy any from this list. Personally I would wait until the right car appears on the market.

The green NSX is the best deal, but i appreciate you dont like the color. (it looks good in the right light/surroundings)

A$65,000 for 162K-Km is probably too much... the price is because a '95 is considered recent for an NSX is Oz.

Unless that black NSX comes with a carshow-chick included (or $$$ worth of mods) forget it... or try to bargin him down. There isn't a huge amount of demand for NSX's here in Australia...

The silver '00 is only that expensive because of the recent year and low mileage.

hope this helps a little... hope u return my email; maybe i can help more that way.

Back