• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto Transport Service in CA

Has anyone transported a car within California. I'm looking to transport my car from OC to Comptech near Sacramento. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a transport company.
Thanks.

Rod

Unfortunetly, since our cars are so low, you can't just have anybody transport them. Also, I've had cars come across the country with way more miles than they started with.

If I was you, I'd rent a u-haul car transport for $50 and do it myself. That's what I did with mine. It's kind of a pain the ass, but it's cheap and your car is exactly the same when it finishes as when it started, since you're the ONLY one who really cares about it.

Just my .02

Matt

O, and I pulled my bumper off so i was sure to not scrap it on anything.

Matt, is the Uhaul transport you speak of a trailor or a flatbed? I have an Expedition with a trailor hitch. Did you elevate the front end and was this a problem with a rear wheel drive car to have the tranny spinning without any transmission fluid moving thru it?

Chip, the install with Mark Basch went very well. I found out on a post install Dyno that I was running too lean. Mark has volunteered today to tune the CTSC with the CT FPR or to help me to install the AEM ECU. I will probably decide tomorrow what to do. Since he has the Fuel Map curves preset after his AEM training, I may decide to go this route to optimize the CTSC. He is going to meet me here in LA to do one of these two options in the next week. I am probably going to go with the AEM system because of its potential advantages and safety. I had spoken to Comptech this weekend at the SEMA show and they had originally said that they would do it for me at the Comptech site in northern CA. When I called Mark Basch today with my plans , he said he would do it on locally for me.

Rod

Rod,

You're thinking "tow dolly", I'm thinking "auto transport".

See the difference here

I would totally agree with rwd problem. The transport is the answer, plus the expedition will push a nice big hole and the nsx won't see one rock chip or bug.

If you think the angle is too steep when loading, you can lay some wood down, but unless your car is modified, it won't hit. Once it's on there however, you will need two two foot 2x4 for the front so you're spoiler won't hit or do what i did and take it off.

matt

Rod-
coolgleamA.gif
Good 2 C your being taken care of.
Later Chad

HotRod said:
Did you elevate the front end and was this a problem with a rear wheel drive car to have the tranny spinning without any transmission fluid moving thru it?

Incorrect - the NSX transmission has its own pump that is driven whenever the rear wheels spin, via the R&P ass'y.

mhoyt01 said:
I would totally agree with rwd problem.

There is *no* RWD problem, check the service manual and / or see above.

I advise to take a look again at

www.enclosedvehicletransport.com

There are a family owned company, so they really stand up to their name. They use a low-entry flat bed enclosed trailer to load the vehicle, so scraping wouldn't be an issue. They've also shipped other exotic cars such as Ferrari's, porsches, and other custom hot rods as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm really amazed that you could rent the car transport so cheaply. If I go out to Phoenix to have Mark Basch do some work on my car I will probably go this root next time. Although having the in state, car transport also seems to be a good way to cut down on the 10 hour round trip. Sorry Chad that I called you Chip. Thanks for all the good input.

Rod

Back