• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AVOID at all cost! Terrible paintless dent removal / mobile service in OC

Hopefully this information is useful for those contemplating on paintless dent removal or mobile repair. I really don't know where to start as his dude messed up my ride from end-to-end with crazy overspray, unmatched paint, paint brush-like strokes, no masking used, accidental spills all over my hood and trunk, painted my tires & rotors, clear coated over all lights, etc etc etc...

Need I go on?

If you're in the Socal area, here's a fair warning to avoid this dudes service or you'll end up redoing the entire car like I am.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/aos/2258535383.html

http://chiphappens.com/

There's something to be said about references from people you trust... I know you heard of our member Anytime aka John @ Dentworks. With any occupation, there are people that do a great job and those that suck and don't give a damn.

Make sure you slam this guy so hard he never gets another dollar of business Hac...

It says on his website "100% satisfaction guarantee". Looks more like 100% dissatisfaction guaranteed.

his dude messed up my ride from end-to-end with crazy overspray, unmatched paint, paint brush-like strokes, no masking used, accidental spills all over my hood and trunk, painted my tires & rotors, clear coated over all lights, etc etc etc...
How can any of those problems occur with PAINTLESS dent repair??? :eek:

There's something to be said about references from people you trust... I know you heard of our member Anytime aka John @ Dentworks. With any occupation, there are people that do a great job and those that suck and don't give a damn.

Make sure you slam this guy so hard he never gets another dollar of business Hac...

For sure Bradley, he's being blasted on all forums I belong to and multiple craigslist injections to warn peeps, but here's the thing... this guy has a brain the size of a walnut (and that might still be too big) because he loss a ton of business just from my work place alone. There a huge car culture where I'm employed and all these guys like to keep their vehicle flawless.

eeeps! was this on the X?

Ry, hells to the NO! Nobody works on the X unless I know them and their work.

Pictures?
Sorry Adrian, no pics. Car is in already for repairs but most the damages where overspray and bad color matching.

How can any of those problems occur with PAINTLESS dent repair??? :eek:
I totally fell for his scam. The dude removed one annoying dent I had and the results was satisfactory, so he started to talk industry lingoes dropped all the correct brand name products, which built up my confidence in this work. Thought he had experience until I came to pick up the car :(

So basically, I allowed him to do my front/rear bumpers, what's the harm right? I figure since I'm gonna get a full kit down the road anyways, I can live with decent (doesn't have to be perfect) work. As long as it's passable for a year a least. It's a good thing this dude never came close to the X, but it was a costly lesson and not to mention a crap load of time lost.

Anyway... Hope to see ya'll soon, lets try and set something up!

Whoa!!! Be careful who you have work on your car. Price should not cloud your decision making abilities. Dents fixed for $49? Pay income tax on that and your in the $20 range of profit. That wouldn't even pay for liability insurance! I've been as far as Vegas to fix dents, so don't let my location stop you from contacting me.
If anyone is interested in my services, please check out my facebook page> here.
Hope all is well,
John :biggrin:

Last edited:
Guys like that troll around parking lots swindling old folks where they end up with horrible "repairs". This happened to my 75 year old stepdad recently on his Lexus GS. I was planning to take the Lexus to my trusted body shop (Reflections in Wilmington) that does excellent work to fix some of the scratches and dents he put in it.

Well a week before I was to take the car in, he tells me I no longer need to pick it up because he just had it fixed by some professional repair guy soliciting business from shoppers out at a popular Monterey Park 99 Ranch grocery mall, and only paid $100 bucks. I immediately thought the worst and drove over to see the Lexus.

It was covered in some green cream over the areas that he worked on because he told my stepdad that he put wax on the newly painted areas and not to clean it off until the next day. They obviously tell you this BS because they want to cover up the crap job they just did on your car, and you won't realize it until it's too late. Even I know that you're actually not supposed to wax a newly painted surface.

I could immediatly tell that the car was totally ruined with what looked like spray paint all over the bumpers, headlight and half of the front tires. I had to have Reflections body shop repair the paint damage to the car, but fortunately it came out looking perfectly brand spankin new again.

I couldn't believe my stepdad fell for a scam like that, but old folks tend to be too trusting of slick talkers, so warn your parents!

http://chipshappens.com = http://shithappens.com :biggrin:

web_pic_with__%20(Small).jpg

Last edited:
...totally ruined with what looked like spray paint all over the bumpers, headlight and half of the front tires.

This was the exact damages my vehicle sustained except my hood and trunk had some weird circular patten the diameter of about 15-18" as if he used the hood/trunk to learn how to sand with what suppose to be a buffing wheel.

NSXClear (Ethan), ShitHappen.com is exact right bro!!!! LOL

Back