• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AVS Model 5, Prodrive GC05K, Audi R8 V8 Wheels

Since Advan AVS Model 5 are discontinued and many are still chasing after those wheels. Have anybody tried or went with close alternatives?

The Prodrive GC-05K looks the closest to me as well as the Audi R8 V8 7-twinspoke wheels

Lastly, the Advan T5 which dosnt really retain the exotic shape of the original.

Are there any replicas out there for the original Model 5?

Anyone tried putting the R8 wheels on the NSX, the fronts are 19x8.5 rears are 19x11 though..:confused:

I have both the NSX and the R8. The wheels are not interchangeable between them.
The R8 has a 5x112 bolt pattern, while the NSX has a 5x114.3.
In addition, the Audi wheels are quite a bit wider than the NSX wheels, as well as different offsets. You would probably need to find a manufacturer which has a style similar to the Audi wheel, rather than try to force it on there.
The last thing to consider is that, as a forged wheel, they are quite expensive from the dealership.

single-piece wheels w/ tapered split 5-spokes & inset barrel

Since Advan AVS Model 5 are discontinued and many are still chasing after those wheels. Have anybody tried or went with close alternatives?

Are there any replicas out there for the original Model 5?
With regards to Yokohama Advan AVS Model 5 & replicas, moar stuff on this thread, namely this post.

The Prodrive GC-05K looks the closest to me as well as the Audi R8 V8 7-twinspoke wheels
If I wanted Yokohama Advan AVS Model 5 & wasn't willing to compromise w/ size/offset/finish of pre-owned offerings nor willing to go the knockoff/replica route, the Prodrive GC-05K is what I would personally get & call it a day.

Last edited:
We have a set of the Prodrive GC-05K coming in. They are very similar in look to the old Advan Model 5 that was very popular, but are forged. These arrivce to us in a couple days, we should have photos soon.

-- Chris

I'd like to see what the R8 offsets are, the bolt pattern can be re-drilled, it is the offset that can only be changed by a small amount. Maybe they are close?

Edit:

The R8 looks like it takes a high offset, I bet the wheels would be close in fit - only thing is you would need 18/18 or run the 18" fronts with the 19" rears...

If a person had a set of R8 wheels and was willing to experiment with mounting a 215/35/18 on the front, it could be test fitted since the 5x112 pattern will bolt on (not safe for driving but ok to test fit) as long as the hub fits...

I looked at the R8 wiki and it lists the wheels sizes and offsets, the fronts are 18x8.5 or 19x8.5 +42 and rears are 18x10.5 or 19x11 +50, lots of room to play with for NSX, even better yet, they make a replica R8 wheel in 18x8 +35 so you'd need only a pair of 19" OEM rears, a little machining and you'd be set - tempted to try it!

Last edited:
Back