• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BaschBoost

If it were the VTEC engagement point, I would expect there to be a similar dip in the dyno curve of the car when stock. As you can see here, there isn't:

97nsxpowercurve.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 06 February 2002).]

A few posts back, Mark stated that CARB is still at least 3 months away. Does this mean that the MB-SC is not smog legal? I was about ready to pull the trigger on this unit, but being California legal is pretty important to me before I install one. After all, most of my miles are spent on the road, not on the track (sniff).

I'm sure it'll pass the emissions test. I think it's the process of actually getting a CARB certification number that will take 3-4 months.

-Mike

ChopsJazz,

The answer is "No", the BBSC is not smog legal in CA until it is tested and approved by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) as an aftermarket part for the NSX. I decided to wait for CARB approval, because I'm not interested in removing a supercharger every two years that I need smog check. The CARB website shows tons of other aftermarket superchargers (e.g. Comptech) and turbochargers for other cars that have been approved by CARB, so I think there's a good likelihood that Mark will get approval. Hopefully approval of 3.0 liter system will be accepted by CARB also for the 3.2 liter NSX. If not, both cars will have to be tested by CARB.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

Originally posted by grippgoat:
I'm sure it'll pass the emissions test. I think it's the process of actually getting a CARB certification number that will take 3-4 months.

-Mike

I don't doubt that it will pass the emissions test, but it will be difficult to pass the visual test without the CARB sticker. I know because I tried at 3 different smog test stations.

Bryan Zublin

To pass Cali. emissions cant you just pull the belt and run the car on motor only then put the belt to the supercharger back on (assuming it would not pass w/ the charger)???

------------------

nsxstasy, don't you think they "smooth" out the dyno graph curve before publishing them on magazines/books/brocures? Since they are not referring to a very particular car but to a car model it makes no sense to leave all that detail. IMHO of course.

Originally posted by MYNSX:
To pass Cali. emissions cant you just pull the belt and run the car on motor only then put the belt to the supercharger back on (assuming it would not pass w/ the charger)???

The reason the CARB aproval is not done is because it takes time for the process in general AND you have to give them a car for an un-defined period of time for testing.
It WILL happen, its just a matter of timing.
My California customers are VERY important to me- its just that I can only do so many things at once AND I won't give them a car untill the fuel system is compleyely finalized which will be confirmed in about 10 days time. Brian Zublins car will get the first updated fuel system, then Greg Hardee's car will get it, and then we will do eight more cars in February before opening up the gate to the general public.

I also am not sure what the torque hump is except to say that I have always believed as Lud does. The CT kit does not show this and it no longer has the VVIS in place. I think that the airflow characteristics with a forced induction car make this devise pretty much redundant, in any regard. JMO.

Cheers,
Mark Basch

Originally posted by Juice:
I can't believe it! A NSX tech in my neck of the world. Isn't there one in PA as well? I need someone to do a 60K makeover on my car and don't trust the local shop. Some help here?

Well, there ARE a fair number of NSX's in Columbus, along with two decent dealers. Here's downtown Columbus on a "typical"
biggrin.gif
day:

PIC00048.jpg

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 08 February 2002).]

Shoot! I thought I told you that taking pictures fo my personal parking lot was strictly prohibited. I have gone to great lengths to ensure that spy photography of my personal NSX collection be curbed by means of execution. Now that you have come forth with this evidence, be expecting a friendly visit from my personal long range marksman. Let this be a warning to all others who are jealous of my collection.

Originally posted by BryanZublin:
I don't doubt that it will pass the emissions test, but it will be difficult to pass the visual test without the CARB sticker. I know because I tried at 3 different smog test stations.

Bryan Zublin

This is funny because when I took my car to DMV to get a smog check they couldn't find my motor. They popped the hood and the trunk. I told them it was electric
biggrin.gif
they almost believed me. Someone pointed out to them that it had an exhaust so it couldn't be electric. It was funny while it lasted.

thats funny... kinda like when i droped a couple of gears to run from the police and quickly drove into the carwash a pretended that i was washing my car 5 minutes later their was 7 or 8 police cars their the one that tried to pull the u turn and catch me was pissed off because he said i have the intercepter cruise and you were pulling on me:) anyweay the cops were feeling the hood and said well his engine has been is cold they later warned me a they all left...phww.....

You can't see the engine through the "big o glass window" except for those few owners who have removed their engine cover.

Originally posted by Zuerst:
Isn't the engine cover just a wire/grill(See through) type of thingy?

No US cars came like that from the factory. If you see one on a US car, it was either imported from Japan, bought aftermarket or custom made by cutting the factory engine cover.

Back