• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC infos...need advise

hey guys, hope everyone is well.
i had my bbsc kit installed for a while now and so far so good. my question is, after i parked my car for a while, the most is probably 3 weeks...and when
i start the car, there is this certain noise coming from the blower and goes away maybe after almost a minute of warming up. one day i checked the engine
bay after initial start up, and i could smell a burnt odor coming from the blower side. it's not a strong smell but it was there. that was the only time i checked
the engine bay to locate where that noise was coming from. anyways, is the noise due for the oil not reaching the blower yet? i know it takes a few secs for the oil to reach the blower so i thought it's normal. it's just the noise is kind of annoying and i hope it does not ruin the blower in the long run.

also, do i need to use more oil than usual after the bbsc install? if so, how much more oil do i need to put?

thanks again guys for any input. appreciate it.

They are noisy. Take your intake off just to check your impeller seal is not leaking. When I had one, the seal was leaking after it sat for awhile and I would smell something. Oil would be in the intake.

I used to have the bbsc on my car and it made the same sound for a while. My oil feed line to the blower wasnt feeding enough (or any) oil and it eventually dried up the blower so much that the vanes inside it broke. You sound like youll be ok since you have this just on start up and not constant like mine. I would take the intake off and see how dry it is in there. But yes they are very noisy indeed.

thanks guys for the help. after further investigation, it seems like the noise is coming from the bearing on the shaft. the sound is very similar
to a 'belt sound' where you use the w40 and it goes away...well, temporary that is. do you guys know what i mean? the sound will come as soon as you start
the car after warm up, goes away a little as soon as you rev the car at high rpm. if you apply throttle slowly from idle, it will make the same sound then
disappears after high revs. i was trying my best to source out the 'annoying' noise, same as 'fan belt noise', etc... and i think im certain it's the bearing from the shaft,
unless you guys have the same experience and got it fixed, kindly take me that route of your expertise.

btw, i changed oil today and i noticed i lost just a tad bit of oil. i will remove my cold air intake and check the blower.

thanks again!

If the sound is coming from the bearings, then you might need new bearings installed. They seem to have a lifespan of about 10K miles or so.

Chances are you'll probably see a little bit of oil on the intake of the blower...I always did.

Further investigation. It seems like belt noise coming from alternator belt. I started the car and sprayed w40 and it went away. Belts are new when unit was installed but I think alternator belt is a bit loose. From idle. When I rev up a bit, the belt start to like flap until it stops at high rpm.

I will check my intake to see if any oil in there. Tks guys!!

good point, since my car is not daily so i will look into it. thanks!

Back