• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC coilover questions

Hey Prime,
Can someone here tell me what the proper tactics are for setting pre tension and checking the tightness of pillow ball mounts on the BC coilovers. It appears my set was set at a tight pre tension. Also, there is one pillow ball mount which will turn the whole shock when trying to tighten it. I beleive this may be the reason for
some chassis noises as well as some other loose stuff in the caboose.
Videos online say to tighten the spring until snug then lock it in place. Mine are now loose enough to give the slightest wiggle. Is that okay? Any ideas would be cool.

Lastly, when using taper seat lug nuts, is there any need for hub centric rings? Currently I do not run hub rings but have a very slight shaking at 120 mph plus.

Cool thanks. I also found a BC racing video on YouTube showing how to set pre load so I will try that tonight.

Last edited:
I run hubcentric rings. Polycarbonate, never had an issue with cracking especially on the rear wheels since the ring is so thick.

Back