• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beautiful day at Watkins Glen

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After Tiger posted his thread about the great day at Lime Rock, I just had to add a thread about our day at the Glen. Like Tiger, we did see some sun but it was only after we had SNOW. Overall still a great day, especially when you consider we were looking at corner workers who were dressed in parkas. And like Tiger, I wanted to thank Peter Mills who took a trip up to work with me so I could get ready for my open track checkout. He may never volunteer such a foolish act again but I am confident that with a little therapy his nightmares will diminish.

Here are a few photos including some of the "competition" in our class.

21101667-L.jpg

21101661-L.jpg

21101678-L.jpg

21101682-L.jpg

21101684-L.jpg

21101673-L.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cold and dreary,,,,another perfect Glen day!I was wondering how Pete was going to get a set of wheels to Garry and drive his car?So our senior member is doing alot of instructing but without driving,,,that's dedication.I'm looking forward to my first(one of only a few) track days with trackmasters this wkend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had some snow over the weekend at Road America, too. But not enough to stick.

We demolished our competition, as you can see: :eek:

wOTA1NDQ4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wOTA1NDQ5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nsxtasy said:
We demolished our competition, as you can see: :eek:

Har har! I saw the orange Elise picture and thought of that too... I probably will for quite a while, seeing cars in such distress is still shocking to me.

That's an awesome hangar-garage! Were those parking spots for rent or first-come-first-serve?

I will have to make it out to Watkins Glen this fall. NASA maybe. My uncle in Rochester drives an S2000 I need to teach him a thing or two about real performance driving ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris F said:
That's an awesome hangar-garage! Were those parking spots for rent or first-come-first-serve?

Garage spaces generally are rented by the day from the event organizer and either are reserved in advance for the season or done on a first come, first served basis the day of the event.