• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beckertb's slightly modified NSX!

87164588-M.jpg

87164586-M.jpg

87162561-M.jpg

87164585-M.jpg

87164587-M.jpg

87164589-M.jpg

87166851-M.jpg

87166850-M.jpg

Here are some pics of the detailing process:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?&act=ST&f=15&t=412246

Last edited:
Ben looking good!(Nothing wrong with painted wiper arms:wink: ) I want to see that beast at Sebring.Just don't pull any of that 007 oil slick trickery you used in Texas!:tongue:

Thanks for the complements and comments, guys and Thanks Mark for the detail job. Being in a shop for 2 years and 5 months requires a bit of effort to clean 'er up.

The body kit on the car is really a hodge-podge of items I liked rather than any kit. The bumper cover started as a Hamann, which has had a few modifications, the hood is burn-up. Headlights are the JGTC HID raybrigs. The front fenders are Yokata's, the side skirts are Vinny's MH replicas. Rear fenders are Taitec with a Honda CBR fuel lid. The rear spats are wings west. The lower bumper cover is Marga hills OE. The rear wing is burn up. The lexan hatch/scoop is Gerry Johnsons as is all the motor work/engine aesthetics. The turbo kit is a ghetto'd up version of the old Bell kit with Mitsubishi 14g turbos. I really haven't gotten to drive this car since getting it back from NSXPO 02 so it is nice to get it back.

See you guys at XPO 06!

Ben

and to think that front bumper use to be on De'cosse's car first :)

Hey Ben,
How are those Raybrig lights holding up? Can you take a picture of how you mounted them to the headlights? Thanks.

Not my style, too wild but Ive gotta give it up to a Turbocharged NSX:wink:

Ben,
It is good to see the red baron home again. The saga/odyssey/visionquest is finally over!:rolleyes:

It will be great to see you on track at NSXPO!

Scott

beckertb said:
Being in a shop for 2 years and 5 months requires a bit of effort to clean 'er up.
I know how you feel! Mine had the 007 oil slick option as well... So 18 months later and I'm up and running again but my engine bay doesn't look THAT clean!

Is Gerry still doing those engine hatch scoops?

Veleno, the headlights are holding up fine, but the covers needed to be replaced (one cracked). It probably has around 3500 miles on them. I can take a pic to show how they mount up.

Tony, the car behind it is a '73 Merlyn chassis that has been converted to a street legal go-cart. I suppose the "street legal" title is a little stretched, but it can be tagged.

AU_NSX, mine actually had the Blue Angels fog maker for a while. I don't know if Gerry is doing the hatches any more. FWIW, I don't know exactly what NSX work he is doing right now. I know there have been some changes in the shop situation.

93B, I will try to get a small video of the car together to post. It really isn't the same as it is in person (as with any exhaust). Yes, it is just straight pipes from the turbos to the tips. Some "folks" think it is a tad loud. I'm planning on being at NSXPO so you can hear it then :)

Back