• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Motoring Dec 02 Video/VCD??

Z18

Contributing Member
Does anyone have a copy they want to sell? I can't believe I missed this one!
frown.gif

Check this out:

They race a Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari F50, Gemballa Bituro GT 500, Porsche 911 GT2, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, BMW Z8, and a new Honda NSX-R!!!!!!!

Damn, this sounds better than the previous most awesome tape, the January 2000 issue with the F50, F40, 996 GT3, 993 GT2 and Turbo S, Diablo, and Skyline!

If anyone has a copy and is done with it, I will pay top dollar!

-Z18 (who is quite bummed he slacked off and didn't buy BM videos for a few months)

Originally posted by Z18:
Does anyone have a copy they want to sell? I can't believe I missed this one!
frown.gif

Check this out:

They race a Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari F50, Gemballa Bituro GT 500, Porsche 911 GT2, Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, BMW Z8, and a new Honda NSX-R!!!!!!!

Damn, this sounds better than the previous most awesome tape, the January 2000 issue with the F50, F40, 996 GT3, 993 GT2 and Turbo S, Diablo, and Skyline!

If anyone has a copy and is done with it, I will pay top dollar!

-Z18 (who is quite bummed he slacked off and didn't buy BM videos for a few months)

You can still get this from ebay for $7.

Ah, sorry guys -- my bad -- I should have done a search. That's what I get for disappearing and re-appearing on the board
frown.gif

Just finished reading the thread and dloading the mpeg.

thanks!

-Z18

BTW, just finished watching it, and my opinions, for whatever they're worth are:

1. Only Gan-san in the Type R was really driving as hard as I've seen them. The Super Battle in the Jan 2000 issue with the F40, F50, 993 GT2, etc. had them driving MUCH harder, especially the guy in the F40 (who, if you haven't seen it, in an attempt to catch the F50 broke too late into a turn and went off the track a bit, recovered, and almost caught the F50).

2. I've no idea how the F50 was modded, but it was going slow vs. the fairly stock one in the Jan 2000 issue (which I believe just had Tubi exhaust and different wheels). Yes, the 996 GT2 is incredibly impressive, but the F50 is lighter, has more HP, and a skidpad of like 1.14gs (vs the GT2's 1.02g or so). Quite simply, the F50 outclassed anything on that track by a long shot, but then for $600k plus, it should, lest Enzo rise from his grave in anger.

3. Damn, the Type R was impressive. As for how it did vs. the Mercialago, I wasn't surprised... the Lambo seemed much improved over the boat of a Diablo that was in the Jan 2000 issue, and obviously it's going to catch the NSX in the straights but also be disadvantaged in the corners -- it's still a GT car, and the NSX Type R a track-ready sports car.

4. Man, I wish they'd driven the cars harder... oh, did I already say that?
smile.gif

-Z18

ps. Yes, I still would like to buy the VHS/VCD -- thanks much for the mpeg dload -- was very cool -- but I'd still like to get a hold of the rest of the video, and also enjoy an uncompressed image.

[This message has been edited by Z18 (edited 06 February 2003).]

Originally posted by Z18:
Yes, I still would like to buy the VHS/VCD -- thanks much for the mpeg dload -- was very cool -- but I'd still like to get a hold of the rest of the video, and also enjoy an uncompressed image.

Z18, send me a private e-mail.

Back