• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best N2O system

What is the best N2O system for the NSX?
Wet or Dry?
Kit or build yourself?
Any considerations?
ZEX, NOS, NX etc compared/features?

I am about to install some system in my X but don't know that much.

Please describe your system, positive/negative, etc etc

Regards
Patrik

nx

I think you should go with NX wet system specially made for NSX because better design,technology and benefits.
I use 150hp from NX for over two years in my prelude/Nsx Drag car without any problem. Normally I gain 1 mile per every 10 hp pf nitrous. Remember to buy it the automatic bottle heater for keep your nitrous press over 1000 psi.
If you have any question maybe I could help you.

I second the NX kit. I have had them all on many cars. I will take the NX over all of them. I have a 100 shot on my 2002 NSX and it works great. I started with the kit made for the NSX. Call NX and tell them you want a wet kit for an NSX. They will get you all that you need. There are many extras you can add and little things to make the kit better. Dave will chime in soon, I am sure and he can sell you an NX kit all set up for the NSX, so this way if you are not a do it your-selfer Dave's set up is the best bet.

AJKS said:
I second the NX kit. I have had them all on many cars. I will take the NX over all of them. I have a 100 shot on my 2002 NSX and it works great. I started with the kit made for the NSX. Call NX and tell them you want a wet kit for an NSX. They will get you all that you need. There are many extras you can add and little things to make the kit better. Dave will chime in soon, I am sure and he can sell you an NX kit all set up for the NSX, so this way if you are not a do it your-selfer Dave's set up is the best bet.

Chime in dave...i want one!!

Greets Guys, I have been MIA for sometime due to my wifes auto accident as many on the forums already know. this put a severe strain on my available time.I am sorry if you have pm'ed me and did not receive a response,I am working to correct this by contacting all of you(I have gone days without logging on). I can help you set up about any N20 system on the market or build a custom system for you.I have a client waiting for an install and then my calender is free.if you have any questions please pm me. if you are new to the NSX or n20 please review past threads detailing n20 theory. I dont mind giving out free advise as long as you are serious and not just wasting my time(sorry but it has happened to often)anyway I hope to be more visible in the coming months as my wifes injurys improve and get the n20 machine steaming ahead once more.

BadCarma said:
Greets Guys, I have been MIA for sometime due to my wifes auto accident as many on the forums already know. this put a severe strain on my available time.I am sorry if you have pm'ed me and did not receive a response,I am working to correct this by contacting all of you(I have gone days without logging on). I can help you set up about any N20 system on the market or build a custom system for you.I have a client waiting for an install and then my calender is free.if you have any questions please pm me. if you are new to the NSX or n20 please review past threads detailing n20 theory. I dont mind giving out free advise as long as you are serious and not just wasting my time(sorry but it has happened to often)anyway I hope to be more visible in the coming months as my wifes injurys improve and get the n20 machine steaming ahead once more.

/\
|
|
|
He's the man!!!!

Got one.... ZEX

Hi all, and thanks for your help.
After reading everything I could find on the net about those system, I have decided to go with ZEX, as they seems to have the most intelligent electronics connected (including revcheck, pressurecheck etc)

Hopefully I get it home by next week or the week after that.

Regards
Patrik

Re: Got one.... ZEX

NSX Swede said:
Hi all, and thanks for your help.
After reading everything I could find on the net about those system, I have decided to go with ZEX, as they seems to have the most intelligent electronics connected (including revcheck, pressurecheck etc)

Hopefully I get it home by next week or the week after that.

Regards
Patrik

I would still recommend re-thinking that decision and speaking with BadCarma.

I have already been reading all of his posts on this forum, and as far as I am conserned, I found enough information to select what system I think is the best for me.

Regards

NSX Swede said:
I have already been reading all of his posts on this forum, and as far as I am conserned, I found enough information to select what system I think is the best for me.

Regards

Swede, I am always happy to see someone do there own homework because it makes you think.I know you are going zex but what setup wet or dry? with that in mind have you givin any thought to prep work on the fuel system and electrical pre install?what about add ons like bottle warmer and the like. plugs what type? just curious.

Hi there.

Glad you are interested in my setup.

I am planning on connecting an electric fuelpressure-meter in the fuelsystem, and also connect a revmeter in order to build a window switch for the control.
As I design a lot of small electronic gadgets, I will also do these parts in the system (i.e. fuelpressuresurveilance, RPM-windowing, engine-temperaturesurveilance, clutch-sensor etc) to get the safest installation possible.
Also - some of those information will be presented to the driver as well, but that is mererly just for fun.

The intake, exhaust and suspension has already been upgraded, as well as a newly made service to the engine, so I need some spark-plugs before going with N2O.

I'll start of with a dry system up to 75hp, and if that evaulates ok, I'll probably take the next step and upgrade to a wet or direct-ported system inkluding all the modifications needed for the engine and transmission (clutch, camshafts, etc etc) but also brakes, tires etc.

Regarding bottle heater, I'll probably not use that as I don't know if I will consume that much gas as well as gettings the last hp out of every moment isn't that important.

I'll like to go slow with upgrades in order to get all information I need in every step, but also the climate in sweden force you to do the mecanics in the winter and the driving in the summer ;-)

NSX Swede said:
the climate in sweden force you to do the mecanics in the winter and the driving in the summer ;-)

Can I come live with you? I'll help you work on your cars in the evenings and in the mornings... I can go snowboarding! :D :p

NSX Swede said:
Hi there.

Glad you are interested in my setup.

I am planning on connecting an electric fuelpressure-meter in the fuelsystem, and also connect a revmeter in order to build a window switch for the control.
As I design a lot of small electronic gadgets, I will also do these parts in the system (i.e. fuelpressuresurveilance, RPM-windowing, engine-temperaturesurveilance, clutch-sensor etc) to get the safest installation possible.
Also - some of those information will be presented to the driver as well, but that is mererly just for fun.

The intake, exhaust and suspension has already been upgraded, as well as a newly made service to the engine, so I need some spark-plugs before going with N2O.

I'll start of with a dry system up to 75hp, and if that evaulates ok, I'll probably take the next step and upgrade to a wet or direct-ported system inkluding all the modifications needed for the engine and transmission (clutch, camshafts, etc etc) but also brakes, tires etc.

Regarding bottle heater, I'll probably not use that as I don't know if I will consume that much gas as well as gettings the last hp out of every moment isn't that important.

I'll like to go slow with upgrades in order to get all information I need in every step, but also the climate in sweden force you to do the mecanics in the winter and the driving in the summer ;-)

Swede, you NEED a bottle warmer.it is not a add on but a critical part of the setup and in Sweden with the temps up there(even in summer) your system will operate poorly without it for sure.check this with the folks at ZEX,dont just take my word.good luck with the on going project.

Hi again.

I didn't know it was that cruisal, but I'll install a temperature sensor on the tube and hook it up to the central, and in that way I can monitor the temperature of the tupe, and if it goes cold, Iäll install a heater (good to have even after installing a heater to be able to avoid overheating (faulty thermostat)

What temperature is a "normal" operating range of the tube?
i.e. during heating, during operation etc.

NSX Swede said:
Hi again.

What temperature is a "normal" operating range of the tube?
i.e. during heating, during operation etc.

Swede, forget about thinking in terms of bottle temp but bottle pressure, the optimal pressure being IMHO 1050 PSI. the bottle warmer is adjustable to bring the bottle temp up to your defined heat range spec (within safe ranges of course) and then the themostat will keep it their) this will keep the bottle at the best performance level over several runs and more stable A/F ratio's.you want to have a n20 gauge to monitor bottle pressure,this is a must.never activate below 900 psi or above 1200 psi ,if you activate with low pressure you will have poor perfomance due to a rich condition to high and the solenoids can fail.hope that helps.

Do you still need a bottle warmer if you install your bottle in the front hood? I'm curious because i plan on installing my zex kit soon and plan on placing the bottle were the spare tire would normally go.

NsSeX said:
Do you still need a bottle warmer if you install your bottle in the front hood? I'm curious because i plan on installing my zex kit soon and plan on placing the bottle were the spare tire would normally go.

Yes! Once you spray for 8-10 seconds, your bottle will get really cold. If you want to spray again shortley there after, the warmer will have to kick on to bring the temp/pressure back up. Plus, what about winter months? You'll need the bottle warm and toasty for that time of the year too.

I have had numerous discussions with some experienced nitrous vets and for the most part they like the nitrous express. They say pound per options per punch it can't be beat.

They also liked the new zex smart safety system. But said it wouldn't compare in hpt. Most kits are rated 50 hp shot, 60 or 100 at the crank, nitrous express rates it to the wheels.

Back