• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best product for care of the seals on the targa top

Can someone comment on the best stuff for all of the seals.
Thanks in advance,
New owner
Donk

I believe the owner's manual as well as some owners will recommend Shin-Etsu Grease; it's about $13-$15 for a tube.

I'm sure there are other rubber conditioning products that others on the forum would recommend as well...

good luck!

Can someone comment on the best stuff for all of the seals.
Thanks in advance,
New owner
Donk

I also recommend Shin-Etsu Grease; it's about $15-$20 for a tube at our local Honda dealer. It's also the grease the factory uses on window crank gears and slides

+1 on the Shin-Etsu grease. Been using it for the past 4 years.
Unfortunately here in Canada it's about $30. Part # 08798-9013

+2 on the shin-etsu.a little goes a long way,so a tube lasts a long time

+1 on the shin-eitsu grease. If if its honda it must be good...... right?:biggrin:

Mother Honda Knows all

images
There is no substitute.

Last edited:
So when you do get your tube of Shin Etsu... :smile:

Use it sparingly, it's surprising how a little dab goes a long way

If you wear contacts, be sure to wear disposable gloves since its a silicone-based product.

Its a good idea anyways so you can use your fingers to get the grease worked into the seals

I would suggest putting a dab of the stuff on the locking piston and the hole at the top of the windshield frame as well. Its amazing how much squeaking comes from that part, especially in my '95.

Thanks all, you guys are fantastic. I don't think I have ever seen responses like on this site.
Warm regards,
Don

Great post. I didn't even know to do this.

Back