• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best product for cleaning your leather

I have been using Murphy's Oil Soap for a while to clean all of my leathers, including in my vehicles. It is pretty cheap for a huge bottle and can be found at almost any local grocery store with a cleaning isle. I soon found out that this is the same stuff that a large number of professional leather cleaning services use. You just pour a little into a bucket of water, soak a rag in it, squeeze the water out until it is only damp so that the water doesn't seep through your seats, and start wiping :smile: . It works very well and you will see all of the dirt lift right off of the leather. It smells pretty good too and is not over powering at all. I have tried a few products that are supposedly intended for cleaning auto leathers, but IMO this stuff is by far the best value and best performing leather cleaner out there. Try it out and post up your results. I should have taken some before and after pictures. If someone would post some before and afters that would be great. Let me know what you guys think :biggrin: .

I looked into this a while ago, and found one product that was repeatedly referred to as the ultimate leather cleaner and restorer. Leatherique. I bought some and tried it. It's pretty involved to use - you need to heat the interior of the car (either in the hot sun or with a space heater), apply 2 different solutions, etc. It really sucks the dirt and dried sweat and all out of old leather. The older and drier the leather, the bigger change you will see. I agree, it's serious professional stuff.

And for conditioning the leather after it's cleaned, another single product stood out as most highly recommended. Lexol. It's made right here in Marietta, GA. It does work very well, although I prefer a true leather smell instead. For great leather smell, I use this occasionally: Griot's Leather Care It comes with a bottle of leather aroma that you can use to make your cockpit smell really good.

Honestly, I think regular use of a cleaner and conditioner is more important than the actual product you use. If you keep it clean and oiled using any of these products, it will look great and last a very long time.

Jeff

Back