• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Best Ritz Carlton?

I have a ton of Marriott points to use up and wondering what the best Ritz Carlton people have been to. It can be anywhere in the world.

I have been to most of them in the US, but chime in on those as well.

Thanks!

How about the one in Half Moon Bay, CA. (if you want to stay within the US)............2 golf courses........on an ocean side cliff with great ocean views.........It was the hotel filmed in American Wedding........

How about the one in Half Moon Bay, CA. (if you want to stay within the US)............2 golf courses........on an ocean side cliff with great ocean views.........It was the hotel filmed in American Wedding........

Yes, that is a nice one. Good courses, too!

The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is one of my faves...have only been twice (once on my way back from NSXPO 2003). One of my friends proposed to his wife there too.

attachment.php

I'd share more photos of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, but my old photo hosting site is long gone and I still haven't gotten around to re-uploading my photos from NSXPO 2003.

I have a special fondness for The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua...I'll be going there in September (Maui is my favorite of the Hawaiian Islands). I'm looking forward to seeing all of the recent renovations and checking out the new Kapalua Adventure Center...the hotel was closed during my visit last December. Like my photos from NSXPO 2003, all of my photos of the Kapalua property are also offline. They'd be somewhat outdated anyway since I haven't been to the hotel since it has been remodeled.

I haven't been any Ritz-Carlton's outside of the U.S...yet.

Here are photos from The Ritz-Carlton stays that I have online:

Laguna Niguel, CA (view from our room):

Key Biscayne, FL:

South Beach, FL:

Phoenix, AZ (view from room during NSXPO 2005...I never even finished processing these photos):

Marina del Rey, CA (never stayed here, but my wife used to work here when we lived only a mile away):

I also had a really nice stay at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park...definitely a great city hotel. I remember really enjoying the buffet at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco. Actually, how can you go wrong with any Ritz-Carlton?

Last edited:
I did very much enjoy the Maui hotel as well. Got a nice club level room with my wife and drank the week away..........

I think you usually can't go wrong staying at a Ritz Carlton and this is usually true in the United States. Outside the U.S. I would perfer something other than a Ritz Carlton if you choose a nonlocal hotel. I prefer something like the Mandarin Oriental, The Oriental, Four Seasons, etc.

I sometimes have meals at the Ritz Carlton here in San Francisco and have never been disapointed. I recently went to the Ritz Carlton in Coconut Grove to have dinner at a reastuarant that was ranked in the top 50 in the U.S. by Zagat. The food was wonderful, and the hotel was OK.

I stayed in Dana Point Ritz Laguna its remarkable and very relaxing. I had beach window and even heared whales passing by.

Would definetly go there again. On a side note Also recommend Westin St.John Us virgen Islands cannel bay is considered 9th best snorkling in the world.

both of the 2 in Naples, Florida are beautiful
one on the beach
the other on a very famous Greg Norman Golf Course

Half Moon Bay is a very nice stay. I have been there twice and had a wonderful time both times. Great people, great rooms, great restaurants, terrific views.

Nyc?

The one in Battery Park is my favorite due to its new style but location sucks for anything on the weekend.

The one on Central Park is nice all around. Pricey!

just got back from the cancun ritz....great service,very warm and friendly staff,we brought the kids,I would defineatly return...with or without the kiddies.

Try Ritz in Singapore :)

I'll second that. That's where I stay when in Singapore. Plus, the first ever nighttime F1 racelast year came right by there..birds eye view. Of course, stay in the club level.

i live right over the hill from half moon bay and six out of 7 days in the week, its overcast. i stayed in the ritz carlton in tokyo and that was great. amazing views from every room. central location right across the street from the shinigawa train station. another good one i stayed at was in santiago, chile. it was the nicest one ive stayed in.

Back