• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: this one is likely to be rebuilt and sold JH4NA21632T000110

That hook on the back leads me to believe it may have been used as a time machine with a similar fate as the car pictured below.

latest

Dang that sucks :(
'02 or '03 with low miles...... :(

What a shame.

Ditto on that. But I swear, cars like this I almost sometimes wish were repaired (if it even can be) and driven the shit out of by a Prime member (namely me). Too bad I'm not in the position to do so financially, otherwise it's exactly what I'd be doing.

ive seen worse that one WILL be rebuilt 100% sure. then sent to KY or FL for title washing then sold at auction by a dealership that's tring to hide the past. then sent to OR then AL then back to NY then to TX where its wrecked again and process starts over.

OP:
why should we "be aware"?
Be aware of what? In the right hands, these cars get rebuilt appropriately enough for resale.

Shawn: here's one for you with one hand tied behind your back ;)

OP:
why should we "be aware"

Because too often these cars come back on the market without full disclosure of the history such as "minor dent in fender", "car was totaled with just a dented hood because insurance companies don't think they can fix aluminum", "minor incident in parking lot repaired by reputable vendor", etc. Just look on facebook and see the attempts to sell a flood car with a Florida Certificate of Destruction that had been touted as pristine and almost any NSX being sold by a certain person in Tennessee........

OP:
why should we "be aware"?
Be aware of what? In the right hands, these cars get rebuilt appropriately enough for resale.

From what I have seen it appears a very small percentage of them get rebuilt properly. I guess there is a lot more money in cutting corners and finding a naive buyer.

Back