• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Beyond CD error code 01....HELP!

I've searched the FAQ, and searched the forum database here, but to no avail. Here's my problem.......

I got the dreaded CD error code 01 today, and follwed a lot of what the posts here on Prime say to do. I found that a CD was stuck, and I manually ejected the CD magazine after pushing the CD into another slot (so that slot had two CDs in it.) After pulling out all of the CDs, I unplugged the unit for 30 seconds and re-inserted the magazine. The CD player looked as if it was searching each slot for a disc, and then reset back to it's original spot. After this, the stereo read CD-000 and I couldn't get the CD player to try and load any discs. I've tried this wilth various CDs and power on/power off/unplug/plug-in options, but each time the CD changer goes very quickly from discs 1-6 and then quits with the CD-000 on the stereo display. Any possible solutions out there from anyone? I really don't want to have to go out and buy a new CD player right now.......HELP!

Never mind........I found the culprit. A tiny spring inside of the feeder mechanism had come undone and thus the player wasn't able to load CDs. I fixed it myself!

YEEEEHAAA! No listening to lame radio for me! It's Mushroomhead time!

Back