• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Big Problem with my new Work Wheels

Today i received my new Work Wheels in 10x19 and 18x8,5

So I took tire with 225/40 size for Front.

Getting back into the car and driving back home, the first thing I heared was really frightening sound coming from the front tires. I do not know, it this is due to the fact that the tires are to high or if they are sliding along a part of the tire-box.

Do anybody have a clue? Would a combination 225/30 would be better and still suitable for the weight of the car? PLEASE HELP!!!

Which Work Wheels did you get? Can you be more specific with the noise it was making? What are the specs for the wheels and tires (ie: offset)? Some pics would also help determine the problem.

Tazz said:

Getting back into the car and driving back home, the first thing I heared was really frightening sound coming from the front tires. I do not know, it this is due to the fact that the tires are to high or if they are sliding along a part of the tire-box.

Do anybody have a clue? Would a combination 225/30 would be better and still suitable for the weight of the car? PLEASE HELP!!!

Tazz,

Your giving us very little specs about your car setup. Is it lowered? When you heard the noise, was it on a full wheel turn? I would suspect your front wheel is a tad wider than recommended. 18X7.5 would be the best setup.

I ordered VS-KF felloe from Work, picture is loaded below.

The sound appears by turning right or left with the car or driving straight forward on a rough street.

The car is not lowered! all is original!

Attachments

• vskf_bkb.jpg
    vskf_bkb.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 493
Are the tires rubbing :confused: To verify, have someone turn the steering wheel and then you should look from the outside of the car to see if the tires rub the wheel well liner.

Sounds like rubs to me. First, that tire size you got is not a good one.

225/40/18 is too tall and too wide. Most people who don't want to rub run 215/35/18. In addition, most people also run 18x8 front wheels.

The 215/35/18 tire is 23.9" in diameter. OEM is 23.1 or 23.6 depending on the year. Your tire is 25.1" in diameter. That's a LOT taller than OEM and can easily attribute to rubbing.

Try getting a set of 215/35/18 tires. It should help out a lot.

Tazz said:

Who recommended these sizes for you?
Steve

the 215 will look stretched when mounted on the rim, so that's something to consider. I'd probably get a 225/35 and heat gun the liner so that it doesn't rub, but again it all depends on your offset.

I run a 215/35/18 on a 18x8 wheel, and have no issues. I talked to many different experts, as well as some folks here, and the consensus was, that is the tallest 18 you want to put on there. Go bust the chops of the guy who recommended that size to you! :wink:

Tazz said:

Tazz - I just put VS-KF's on my car and I have no rubbing issues at all. Here are my sizes:

Front: 17x7.5 +37 offset (215/35/17)
Rear: 18x9 +47 offset (255/35/18)

What offsets did you get? This is critical.

Ed

emdoller said:
Tazz - I just put VS-KF's on my car and I have no rubbing issues at all. Here are my sizes:

Front: 17x7.5 +37 offset (215/35/17)
Rear: 18x9 +47 offset (255/35/18)

What offsets did you get? This is critical.

Ed

You have only 17 in the Front, i have

Front 18x8,5 (225/40/18)

I think what i will do first is to make more distance in the front with Parts(I don`t know the english word for it)
I will take tires with 225/35/18
If this all is not enough i will remove all the Plastique into the tirebox!

Here are some Pics

Attachments

• Folie1.JPG
    Folie1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 239
  • car2.JPG
    car2.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 227
Tazz said:
You have only 17 in the Front, i have

Front 18x8,5 (225/40/18)

I think what i will do first is to make more distance in the front with Parts(I don`t know the english word for it)
I will take tires with 225/35/18
If this all is not enough i will remove all the Plastique into the tirebox!

Here are some Pics

going to 225/35 will help but still might not fix the issue. Do you know what your offsets are?

Ed

Back