• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Black 96 in Nashville ? JH4NA1187TT000107

Ok, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this one. Low mileage (will make a great DD), TB/WP valve adjustment done ! Waiting to hear about clutch and to set up PPI. I know it's coming from a dealer AND I know it's just under high book. I am willing to pay a little more for peace of mind knowing the service history and pending PPI. I am Not paying their asking price, so don't worry. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=568346&ct=u&car_id=310008752

Carfax

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...|78|22|-124|-103|-100|-54|33|78|49|-60|-6|123

I'm shocked that car is still for sale. I always thought the asking price was a bit too high so I never bothered inquiring on it. Without doing any extreme internet detective work I'd say this appears to be quite alright.

Make sure to have Barnman (Barney Demonbreun) do the PPI. Many here know of his expertise on the NSX and he's worked on my car for years.

He is a factory trained NSX tech who lives just outside of Nashville. The dealer here in Nashville (Gary Force Acura) doesn't have anyone knowledgeable about an NSX working there.

By the way, I have known Sean Petty (who owns Music City Motorsports) and Terry Simpson (who is brokering the car through them) for years. They are both very reputable and honest people.

Last edited:
Just because its been there since November isn't always a bad thing. Could be the combination of price and location... We have a place like that dealership here in Grand Rapids... they always have some pretty cool cars on consignment that just sit there.

The price on this NSX is good, the mileage is great, but if I were paying $42k for an NSX around that general year, I would just try to find a '97 with 50k-60k miles. <-- see? That's my personal opinion on the matter.. and there are probably other NSX hunters that have come to the same conclusion.

The reality however is that its a great price with great mileage, and given the outcome of the PPI, it could be a great steal too. :biggrin:

Back