• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Boost with NO2...

Honestly, I'm not sure spraying does much for you with a well-designed turbo system. It can help spool a really big turbo much faster and it gets you off the line nicely if you drag race, but aside from that, just adds complexity. It is easier to just turn up the boost, or to use a controller with two boost levels.

As for max power, it really doesn't matter how you get there - the motor will take what it will take, whether its all boost or boost + spray. The one caveat being that a really simple single stage nitrous kit will hit harder than FI does.

What is driving your interest in N2O?

I'll take your advice and just build the motor and boost it 13-16 psi. I really dont want to run nitrous but I think it would be fun to have it.

Thanks David.

ya, i would put a turboxs dual stage EBC and have a high and low setting...
they work great.
IMO

I spray with my turbo kit, there is nothing like it. I am in the process of getting a rebuild on my enigne, I let the oil level get too low and spun a bearing and blew 2 pistons, not the engines fault but mine. I will give you an example, I ran an 11.20 on turbos, but when I just had Nitrous ran a 10.99, I am hoping to be the first NSX to run 9's this summer when I get slicks on it as the other runs were on street tires. The car should be finished in a few weeks and I will head right to the track after breaking in the engine.

Rob

^^^^not if I beat you to it!!! LOL

10.99 to 9.99 ET's is not an easy task... but good luck

important thing to remember is that nitrous adds SERIOUS cyclinder pressure, just like a turbo does.

in fact, i have seen it, and if you're a frequent track junkie, you will too. n20 will often beat a turbo. that's because the extra oxygen is the "fuel" the engine needs to make power while the nitrogen cools the intake charge, effectively making it more dense.

n20 and a turbo are a great combo. however, a properly sized turbo and the right engine management like aem with its launch, traction and boost control, will get you better 60 foot times than anything else in this post.

ever seen a seriously fast car at the strip go bbrrrmp, brrmp, brmp and shut down at mid track while clocking a mid 9? the race is decided at the light first and the next 60 feet second.

antilag and launch control from something like an aem or fic will let you launch with as much boost as you want and from there it's all driver skill.

running boost on top of n20 requires not only careful tuning, but a good engine built.

if you just want to go really fast in a straight line, put a 200 shot with management on with a sleeved block and forged pistons, and you'll kill the turbo guys (up to about 500whp).

was that only $0.02 worth? guess i'm in leftfield somewhere.

important thing to remember is that nitrous adds SERIOUS cyclinder pressure, just like a turbo does.

running boost on top of n20 requires not only careful tuning, but a good engine built.

if you just want to go really fast in a straight line, put a 200 shot with management on with a sleeved block and forged pistons, and you'll kill the turbo guys (up to about 500whp).

was that only $0.02 worth? guess i'm in leftfield somewhere.

I am running 540RWHP on my turbo setup and want to work my way up to a 150 shot in addition.

Of course the engine is fully built.

Back