• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bose speaker enclosure best price?

My drivers side Bose speaker just went dead- what is the best price to replace or repair in Atlanta area? I was told by Voyles Acura it would be $850 for parts and $125 for labor. NSXCA discount from dealer in Ca will sell the enclosure for $580 and send it. Bose auto tech support hasn't returned my calls. Any advice is appreciated.

They are pricing a full replacement of the speaker-amp. There are places that will repair it for $100 or so, although you will still need to remove it (or have your dealer tech remove it), send it out, and wait for it to come back.

The places are listed in the FAQ. Look under the "Troubleshooting" heading for the section called "Sound System".

I just sent all three of my enclosures into Bose repair last week. Both times I called someone picked up. The price is $225 total, including warranty for as long as you own your NSX.

The number I called is: 800-231-2673, option 4. I spoke with Marilyn.

John

I did the same, sent my whole speaker/amp unit to Bose. $75 per unit, for a total of $225 for all three. I did not send the center speaker between the seats. Lifetime warranty. It took 2-3 weeks to get them back. They work fine now.

i opted to send just the amp to bose. easier to package and cost a little less (~$60). came back after a few weeks repaired, not replaced with new, as i was led to believe up front. two capacitors were replaced and i hope those are the only ones that routinely burn out, otherwise the amp will fail again soon (it's ten years old). to me the life-time warranty isn't worth the hassle if it involves incremental repairs.

Back